Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee Ice Report
12-27-2003, 04:07 PM,
Wazee Ice Report
I stopped by Wazee on Christmas Day. It was almost totally covered with ice about 3/4" thick or more. I guess that's the end of the open water until spring.

John J
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
12-27-2003, 04:34 PM,
Re:Wazee Ice Report
Hey, Good to know, plan on diving there New Years Day with St. Croix Scuba in Hudson.
Al
01-09-2004, 02:29 AM,
Has anyone been out or heard if there is ice on wazee yet? I know it sounds like wishful thinking open water in Jan.
01-09-2004, 01:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2004, 01:10 PM by LKunze.)
Just heard from Wazee Sports that there is currently about 3 inches of ice on Wazee so it sounds like no more open water until spring. :'( For the ice divers though I guess Wazee Sports is hosting a couple ice diving events for the first Saturday in Feb. and March. The cost is $10 and they supply food and cut two holes in the ice. Last year they had 22 divers out there for ice diving events.
03-10-2004, 04:18 PM,
Wazee won't be frozen over much longer. We were out ice diving the lake last weekend and you could monitor the divers location by the percolation of the bubbles through the ice. Can't wait til open water - can dive even more then ;D

Just heard from Wazee Sports that there is currently about 3 inches of ice on Wazee so it sounds like no more open water until spring. :'( For the ice divers though I guess Wazee Sports is hosting a couple ice diving events for the first Saturday in Feb. and March. The cost is $10 and they supply food and cut two holes in the ice. Last year they had 22 divers out there for ice diving events.
[/quote]
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
03-15-2004, 12:34 PM,
I was at Wazee on Friday (3/12). Still frozen competely over, but the ice was creeking and groaning like mad. As soon as we get a few warm days I think it's gonna really start to break up fast.

Water level is very low-even lower than last fall. I've never seen it this low.

John J
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
03-15-2004, 05:09 PM,
We were at Lake Wazee on Sunday March 14, we were working on the North End platform. The ice was 12 inches thick in that area. The quality of the ice was porous in spots. Our bubbles were eating away the seams of our old holes. By the end of the day you could have dove through the holes that the bubbles created.
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM,
Anyone have new news on Wazee's lake conditions and ice?
04-01-2004, 01:49 PM,
The folks over at wiscuba.com are tracking Wazee conditions closely. Here is the most recent report from Andy:

"I went out and checked Wazee yet again, Sunday evening. There is still ice on the whole lake, but the 1st. dive site right behind the campground shows the most promise. I chucked a couple of 10 pound rocks out onto the ice and they busted right through. Also where there is some sort of gauge, say just to the left of the asphalt path, there is about a car sized opening that leads right down to the wall area."
--Jason
04-01-2004, 07:44 PM,
Hi folks,

1st post on MN scuba, but I've been a member of WI scuba board for a while. I live in Black River Falls, just a few miles from Lake Wazee and am a frequent diver there. I dive weekend afternoons and during the week quite a bit as I work night shift, if anyone wants to drop me a line about diving this spring/summer (mrclean_409@yahoo.com).

For all interested, the ice is gone from Lake Wazee. Time to dive!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to this weekend.

Hope to meet some new dive buddies from this board in the future.

Andy