Remember me
Lost Password Register

anyone visit the Manatees?
03-21-2002, 07:24 AM,
anyone visit the Manatees?
Have any of you been swimming with the manatees?<br><br>My DH and I are going to Florida in November and are looking in to visiting the manatees.  He grew up in the Clearwater area and last did this more then 10 years ago.  I have heard that the recommended method is to snorkel, but he says they use to take a tank, sit on the bottom, and create as few bubbles as possible.<br><br>Anyone with any experience?<br>
03-21-2002, 08:14 AM,
Re: anyone visit the Manatees?
Might check with Jeff at ScubaClicks... unless of course he posts a response here. I believe he uses a rebreather though if I remember right. $$$<br><br>However I could be completely wrong and way out in left field due to the fact that the only thing I've experienced is a pluthera of debris on the drain cover of the pool in Apple Valley.
04-25-2002, 12:33 AM,
Re: anyone visit the Manatees?
Hi, first of all I like to say this is the first time I have seen this board, but I must say that I am impressed. The only thing I can find at fault is that I only found it today instead of sooner (lol).  ;D<br>My wife and I did a Crystal river tour in March. We used snorkells and saw 2 plus one member of our group saw a baby. We basicly drove around in a pontoon boat, saw a manatee, and got in the water to get a good look. The problem was there were many other boats doing the same, and soon the place was wall to wall people and the vis went from not great to horrible in no time. I still thought it was a very cool experience, even if it turned into full contact.  Wink<br>Tom
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom