Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madeira
01-13-2004, 08:02 AM,
Re:Madeira
Tim- WET???? I think you need to swing into SD&T and rent a dry suit for the day. I'm sure if you tell them your crazy enough to dive wet in this weather they will give you a good deal on the rental....
Chris Bloss
01-13-2004, 11:35 AM,

Tim: Listen to Skruff...Don't be nuts!!! Get the dry suit!

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-13-2004, 11:56 AM,
SD&T isn't going up this weekend. Is there anyone interested in making the trip Sunday morning???? If so let me know....

I assume that Wazee is an ice dive, so it would have to be Maderia....
Chris Bloss
01-13-2004, 05:28 PM,
Dive away a wet suit is not the end of the world. Dove a wet suit for years. Ice diving Great Lakes diving you name it. Bring warm water and you will be frozen...err I mean fine. Sunday or Saturday then? Saturday would be better but Sunday is doable kinda.
01-14-2004, 12:31 PM,
Darn! looks like I realy am Nuts Big Grin oh well.

Good call on renting dry suit, but will they with out a dry suit certification?

I dove superior in october this year and it wasn't to bad, but the mile long Zodiac ride to shore did get a bit chilly :-\

I might let it warm up a little

Have fun Tim
01-14-2004, 12:38 PM,
I dove the Madeira a couple summers ago around August and the water temp was 36-38 degrees, (I dove it semi-dry). I did get a bit chilly, but it was worth it.
01-14-2004, 02:47 PM,
Chris, remember what the temp was that day? Over 80 degrees...a nice inviting way to warmup. Now...imagine poor Tim freezing his arse off and near hypothermic in the water already. When he gets out of the water he gets spanked again with air temps in the 20's or so. :o I think I'd wait til after winter to do that wet. Some people can tough it out though I guess.
01-14-2004, 04:25 PM,
If you dive wet I hope you have some body mass to you. I really think that the cold will hinder your fun. If you want to dive superior wet try it in the summer first. A dry suit will lengthen your dive and add to your enjoyment if you can afford to rent one.
01-15-2004, 07:43 AM,

Hmmm, excellent point and I do remember how welcoming the warm sun felt on my face and fingers!
01-15-2004, 09:02 AM,
Well I'm still available for a trip up Sunday morning if anyone wants to commit. Let me know sometime today so i don't make other plans.

Feel free to e-mail me directly... chris.bloss@tchek.com
Chris Bloss