Remember me
Lost Password Register

While you guys are talkin' ice diving this next week
01-16-2004, 11:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2004, 11:30 PM by freedivernd.)
While you guys are talkin' ice diving this next week
... I'll be in cozumel 'til the 20th, and then over to Paamul, our favorite little get away south of Playa, for the rest of the week if any one needs me Tongue ... that's where I'll be. ;D
I'm just bursting at the seams!!! Hope the airline doesn't mind us bringin' like 5,000 lbs of snorkeling equipment... no room for the regs... but this time... this time... we'll go scuba diving... I think Wink
I'm hoping to bring back some special pictures for ya' all.
Later, Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
01-24-2004, 03:22 AM,
Re:While you guys are talkin' ice diving this next week
I 'speckt ta see pictures! I hope it was a great time...
going to bahama's and keys in feb myself....any words of wisdom would be appreciated!
Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.
01-24-2004, 07:42 AM,
Stay away from Key West. The best diving in the Keys is the North Keys. Key Largo, Isle Marada I would stay within that area. This is my opinion but I think most who have done any diving in the keys would agree. I couldn't say about the Bahamas though since I have never been.
01-24-2004, 11:20 PM,
Thanks. Who would you suggest I go with down there now? Will stay in key largo, must likely. Not to many dives under the belt, but been a snorkeler/free-diver novice for years... anyone else gonna be in that country?
Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.
01-25-2004, 12:19 AM,
I always go with my step dad who has a boat but I contacted him and he said one of the most popular and best is Captain Slate Atlantis dive center. In Key Largo I even hunted down the number for you, 1800331dive. I guess these guys go to all of the major wrecks and also go to the marine sanctuary which has the biggest living reefs in the keys. They cater to all types of divers. You will have to call to get a schedual, for which days they are going where. I was told that it is about $100 for two one tank dives, but there are deals depending on how much diving you want to do.
01-25-2004, 01:26 AM,
When I was in Key Largo last December , I went out with Horizon Divers. THey were voted #1 by Rodales last year for best value , dive operator and staff (2003)! I did some classes with them but I think a regular charter was around $60 dollars for 2 dives. I know the other places around Key Largo run about the same price. Most places I checked also have the "packages" where if you buy so many dives/aka charters , they cut that $60 dollars per trip down a bit. Their web site has details on their multi-trip rates. I agree with the others...Do Key Largo or Islamorada...I did Key West too and found Key Largo MUCH BETTER!!!

1-800-984-DIVE

Jean Smile

P.S. If you get a chance , do the Spiegel Grove...You won't regret it. It's over 500 feet long and it ranges from 50 to 130 feet in depth. And its for all skill levels too , which makes it really nice! The current can be quite strong there...though the day I went there was none to speak of.
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH