Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fun Ice dives
01-21-2004, 11:11 AM,
Fun Ice dives
Hey everyone,

We have a huge Ice class on Feb. 21 and 22 and would like to invite anyone who would like to come along fun diving. We will probably be diving Christmas Lake, but will make a final decision closer to the date. The cost for fun dives is $15. This includes use of the hole and lines, and brats for lunch. Call the store to sign up. We also have a couple of spaces open for our March 6 and 7 Ice class. Fun divers are also welcome on these dates.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
01-23-2004, 08:11 PM,
Re:Fun Ice dives
Hey Richard, Of course I will be there. Never dove Christmas Lake, used to live near it though. Once again, looking forward to spending a little time blowing bubbles, never did get a chance to dive with you at the Medira that weekend. I just bought a new Jonsered Chainsaw, big engine and a 28" bar, better quite there, I'm getting all excited now. Also have a new ice harness with 400' of rope wrapped in a nice attractive garden reel. Pretty racey I might add, doubles as a "rest stop".
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333
01-26-2004, 10:59 AM,

Cool. If you need a "good line tender" for that fancy 400' of rope , let me know!!! I like tending just as much as ice diving itself. (Closer to the food , heat and the other creature comforts) Wink I dove Christmas lake a couple times off of the public access and vis was soo-soo. But we hit a bad time of year with lots of weed growth etc...

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-26-2004, 02:49 PM,

I dove Christmas lake a couple times off of the public access and vis was soo-soo. But we hit a bad time of year with lots of weed growth etc...

Jean Smile
[/quote]
Yeah I dove Christmas Lake twice a couple years ago. Once in the spring with 8 foot viz and once in the summer with 0 viz. I don't think I'll go back there again. Since we're talking ice diving here though the viz is bound to be better. Someone post a review or some pics of the event for the rest of us divers in hibernation. Wink
03-04-2004, 09:09 PM,
Here is a picture of my loverly wife in Christmas lake during the February Ice Dive. The vis was about 35-40' with good light through the ice.

Attached Files
.jpg   P2220904_DCE.JPG (Size: 65.15 KB / Downloads: 54)
.jpg_thumb   P2220904_DCE.JPG_thumb (Size: 26.45 KB / Downloads: 0)