Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice Diving Dream
02-17-2004, 04:25 PM,
Re:Ice Diving Dream
Mine did, again, and it didn't cost me $3,000! ;D

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   jon_ascends_mono1.jpg (Size: 43.33 KB / Downloads: 58)
.jpg_thumb   jon_ascends_mono1.jpg_thumb (Size: 13.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
02-17-2004, 05:04 PM,

Jon, that's really cool (sic). How many dives? How deep? Did you have a safety diver? Etc.

I must say, though, that I'd like a stronger line attached to me!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
02-17-2004, 06:15 PM,
I can't really say how many dives, just that I was in the water for over 2-3 hours- I outlasted all of the scuba divers.

Went back on the second day and brought another freediver with me. We got a little less than 1 1/2 hours in on that day because we had to give up the hole for an ice diving class.

Water was only 35'. I wanted deeper, but since I wasn't the one cutting the hole I didn't have much say in the matter.

First day my father-in-law spotted me, we're both ice diving instructors, and the second day my regular dive buddy spotted me.

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   jon_mono1.jpg (Size: 51.03 KB / Downloads: 50)
.jpg_thumb   jon_mono1.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.32 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-18-2004, 08:43 PM,
Skiing upsidedown on the ice sheet. Dont need a atv or a snowmobile. three good tugs aught to do the trick...you may want to let your line tenders know of your plans though. If you guys figure out hockey...let me know..I'll referee...or maybe i could run the Zamboni.

Dive safe dive often
Dean :Smile
Oops Did I really say that?????
03-02-2004, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2004, 11:12 AM by Freedive WI.)
Since everyone has been talking about hockey, I thought you'd like to see a video of some guys who actually made it work. Gives me an idea for next winter. Wink

Click on the link and then on the "freediver tv" button. After that you can choose the "apnea ice hockey" video clip.

Jon
03-02-2004, 07:06 PM,
Thanks for the movie. Thats what I had in mind for ice hockey except instead of freediving use scuba. I guess a few more people too. We should hold a game if there is any intrest.