Remember me
Lost Password Register

Just Moved to Minnesota
01-26-2004, 09:35 AM,
Just Moved to Minnesota
Just moved to gods country. Bought a real nice log home out in the woods. Nice and quite. Been diving since I was 8 years old. Looking at diving a lot of the lakes in Minnesota. Any recommendations on the best to start with.
01-26-2004, 11:49 AM,
Re:Just Moved to Minnesota
Welcome to Minnesota. Which part of the state did you move to?
There are many places to dive. My personal favorites are the mine pits in the Crosby/Ironton area and of course Lake Superior on the North Shore.
01-26-2004, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2004, 12:04 PM by willadams67.)
It really depends on what kind of diving you like to do. Do you have a dry suit? Superior is pretty cold without one. What are you intrested in seeing or doing? Wazee is alot of fun but it's in the middle of Wisconsin. Where abouts do you live, and how far are you looking to travel?
01-28-2004, 05:44 PM,
Live south of Floodwood. I've checked out web sites on the dive page. Superior Divers interest me for diving the big lake Tall Pine Scuba really caught my eye with there mine pit diving and what they are trying to do. Also Mn School of Diving and the Crosby mines If any of you can get to Dutch Springs I recommend it.
01-28-2004, 06:23 PM,

01-30-2004, 03:50 PM,
Worked at Dutch Springs for awhile back in 2001. I was part of their "Dive Safety Team", simply meaning, I got to watch everyone else have a good time. Worked in East Greenville, but lived in Alberta, SW of Allentown. Really enjoyed the area, unfortunately my contract was only good for 5 months.

Superior is pretty good, when in the area, check out Superior Divers. Crosby Mines are convienent though and the Staff at MN School of Diving in Brainerd are great people.
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333