Remember me
Lost Password Register

cozumel or cayman?
01-26-2004, 11:55 AM,
cozumel or cayman?
I am going on a cruise in the Caribbean in March. I have the option to dive in a few of our destinations. I can dive in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. The Cayman dive includes the Cayman wall. Cozumel is a "captain's choice" dive. Anyone have any input on which is better and why?
Thanks!
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
01-26-2004, 06:08 PM,
Re:cozumel or cayman?
I recommend Cayman. I love the wall dives. I saw more rays and turtles at GC. The boats are better and the staff are more professional.

You can't go wrong with either choice.
--Jason
01-27-2004, 11:57 AM,
If you can only dive on one stop of your cruise. I would definetly pick Grand Cayman just because there is nothing to do on the island. You could go to the turtle farm, but it will only hold your attention for about 5 minutes. San Pedro's Castle is even less interesting. If you want to dive cheap, I know there are 2 pretty cool shore dives with dive shops on site. Dive Tech (I think) at the turtle farm where they have a great 60 foot wall dive along with a much deeper wall. The other one very close to the cruise ship pier is something like devils grotto. I can't remember the dive shop.

Overall, I think I like Cozumel's diving better. But I never did get to the east side of GC.

Derrick
01-27-2004, 12:51 PM,
Hmm, I assume you have others going with you. Do they all dive? If not, which place will better be able to keep their attention (and yours for the large part of the day that you are not diving)? I don't think you can go wrong at either place, though it sounds like you still need to choose wisely on which site (and which crew) you dive at either place.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
01-27-2004, 02:05 PM,
I am the only diver of my traveling friends. So I only need to amuse myself... Smile
Thanks again for the info guys.
01-27-2004, 02:20 PM,
Will your friends keep interested in a Turtle farm while you go diving? I'm just saying, it sounded like one dive location was a bare island with nothing to do but dive which would not be very much fun for your friends. Wink

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
03-19-2004, 01:25 PM,
I am back from my cruise and I had quite a few stingrays get fresh with me! I got a stingray "massage" and even got to kiss a couple. Hope to get my photos back this weekend, will post soon. Stingray City was great in Grand Cayman!
03-19-2004, 04:53 PM,
We took my wife out to Stingray City several years ago. She does not like water much since she can't swim. The boat dumped us in the middle of a sandbar about waist deep. She saw all these creatures come streaking towards us. She completely freaked and tried to climb on top of my head. Meanwhile there were people picking up the stringrays and hugging them. Great memories!
--Jason