Remember me
Lost Password Register

Downloading dive computer to PC, . . . questions. .
01-04-2004, 10:41 AM,
Downloading dive computer to PC, . . . questions. .
Happy New Year to All!
I have a Suunto dive computer that I have used one season. (started diving in Nov. 2002) The computer has recorded my first 19 dives and I have downloaded these onto my pc using the Suunto Dive Manager software. I think the computer has a memory that can hold about 30 dives.
#1.
Lets say I do dives 20 through 35. When I hit dives 31 through 35, do dives 1 through 5 sort of scroll their way out of the memory, into the ether?
#2.
When I get back home and want to download my 16 new dives, will the software automatically ad my new dives onto my existing file of my first 19 dives? Is there any danger that my first 19 dives will be overwritten by the new download?
I'm a rookie at this. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Eino Maki
01-04-2004, 02:10 PM,
Re:Downloading dive computer to PC, . . . questions. .

Eino,

I think you've got it. I also have a suunto with Dive Manager. When you reach the max limit of stored dives, it drops off the oldest dives. Dive Manager seems to be start enough to reconsile the dive numbers with real independant dives and will show them as new dives.

If you have concerns over overwriting your existing dives, first create a new log book to download to. Then you can copy the dives from logbook to logbook or just reload your original logbook and perform the download a second time.
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
01-04-2004, 02:32 PM,
I use a Suunto Vyper computer and when I upload my dives to my dive log on the PC it just adds the new dives to the end of the log. Then I just enter in the dive description, gear used, and start and end air pressure readings to each dive manually.
01-20-2004, 08:30 AM,
I have a different Sunnto dive computer, and the dive manager software adds the new dives to the end- it even added it to the manually imputted dives that I put in!
The software works just great for me.