Remember me
Lost Password Register

Recovery/Treasure hunting
07-03-2002, 06:18 PM,
Recovery/Treasure hunting
How many of you like to look for stuff?  <br>Other than another "fun dive" marked in the logbook would you like to replace that with "recovery dive" or "treasure hunting dive".<br>I have a fisher underwater metal detector that I have found   jewelry and coins with.  Last year I found  barber dimes, wheat cents, and some rings.  One of them 18k gold.  Do you have a metal detector and want to buddy up on a treasure dive?  <br>Or, go on a scavenger hunt looking for fishing lures, anchors, boat motors, old bottles ,cans, or Dans snorkel.   ha ha <br>Theres lots of stuff down there waiting to be found.   Some of it worthless but looks good in the dive shrine.  Some items may bring you back in your minds eye and make you remember when and where you were at that moment.<br>Its also a little competitive to see who can find the most .<br><br>jerry :Smile<br><br><br>
GO DIVING!
07-03-2002, 06:22 PM,
Re: Recovery/Treasure hunting
Hey, I just read this over and I sound like a salesman.  Don't worry I'm not, but do let me know if you are interested.<br><br>jerry
GO DIVING!
07-03-2002, 07:01 PM,
Re: Recovery/Treasure hunting
Jerry,<br>Your a blast to dive with.  Bare handed fish catching, treasure hunting - makes it fun!<br>I think having an objective to any dive adds a lot.  I felt good after we brought up a big bag of trash and anchors from Perch Lake.<br>A treasure hunt dive, clean-up, whatever - sounds great to me.  Be glad to join you whenever I can.<br>Dan
Dan L