Remember me
Lost Password Register

Did the Homestead Crater in Utah
03-28-2004, 10:08 PM,
Did the Homestead Crater in Utah
I was down to Az this past week to pick up a pickup for my step son... (ebay) anyway, on the way home I didn't have to venture too far out of my way to get in some 92 deg. fresh water diving at the Homestead Crater in Utah... not far to the south east of Salt Lake City. I wasn't really diving.. freediving really, but still. It was very unique! I was to the bottom several times. The crater is at almost 6000' elevation and I did notice some differences in the amount of air it was taking to equalize my mask, and the length of time my air or lack there of was lasting. If you get in this area, I would definetly recommend a dip.. there were about 10 scuba'rs getting their certs the day I was there, for most of you, it would be a bit boring scuba 'cause it is very small and only 65' deep, but freediving and enjoying the natural jacuzzi was cool. No questions asked, they let me go on my own for the diving. Great!

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-29-2004, 08:24 AM,
Re:Did the Homestead Crater in Utah
Sounded like a good time Fred. Did you get any pics?
03-29-2004, 09:01 AM,
Re:Did the Homestead Crater in Utah
Lonnie,
the only pic I took was from outside with the cell phone.. very poor. I grabbed a brochure so I would have a few pics. I posted that link in the other post and there are a few pics there.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?