Remember me
Lost Password Register

west and east coast diving road trip
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM,
west and east coast diving road trip
Hi - Me and a buddy just graduated college and since the job market sucks we're planning a diving road trip. We're starting out on the west coast the beggining of march, then making our way to the east coast. Does anyone have any great spots we should check out? Thanks.

Scott
02-09-2004, 08:08 PM,
Re:west and east coast diving road trip
Depends on how much you want to zig zag. I'd do Portland (giant Oct) Utah's dome Bonna Terra Mine Ginnie Springs Crystal River, Dutch Springs Penn. the Cape in Mass. Tobie Moray in Canada Silver Eyelet Thunder Bay
02-10-2004, 09:31 AM,
Just got back from Ginnie Springs/Crystal River. You have to put this on your list!!! Bonna Terra Mine sounds like a blast too.

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
02-10-2004, 10:12 AM,
to make looking on the maps easier...
Silver Islet is loacted off Sleeping Giant Pennisula in Lake Superior near Thunder Bay, ONT
and
Tobermory is located in Ontario, Canada at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula separating Lake Huron from Georgian Bay.
02-12-2004, 12:06 PM,
Check out Lake Cour De' Lane in Idaho.

They have a bunch of shipwrecks inhtem and there is a neaby lake that is VERY clear where they do Navy underwater accoustical testing for submarines.

Lake Norfork, in Arkansas, is suppossed to be nice in summer time- sunken towns and warm water.

You could dive the west coast from the tip of Canada down to Mexico and take all summer doing it. Smile

Sounds liek a good time,

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin