Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Center -- Eagan
05-13-2002, 08:24 PM,
Scuba Center -- Eagan
<br>I had to take my new apeks atx40 backup reg into Scuba Center -- Eagan last week because it was freeflowing.  John, the tech that assisted me, went out of his way to make sure the regs received quick servicing.  I needed the reg back in two days.  John seemed very familiar with apeks regs, the new atx line, DIR configurations, etc.  <br><br>I received great service from Scuba Center and John.<br><br>One note.  The apeks regs and first stage were not tuned properly when I first bought them (via internet).  I should have brought them into a store to get checked out first. Lesson learned.  
--Jason
05-14-2002, 04:38 AM,
Re: Scuba Center -- Eagan
I have also had great experiences at Scuba Center in Eagan.<br><br>That is where I ended up taking my classes and buying almost all of my gear.  When I was looking at gear, one of the guys there, I forget his name, stayed 2-3 hours after their normal closing time going over all kinds of stuff with me and my buddy, both of us bought from them because of that.<br><br>John was the dive master when I did my open water dives with them, he is a great guy, assuming it's the same John!!<br><br>Mike
05-29-2002, 07:12 PM,
Re: Scuba Center -- Eagan
I've also had great luck with SCUBA Center.  I had my resuce, nitrox and some tech classes from John.  He's a great instructor and dive geek Big Grin<br><br>The Minneapolis store is smaller and seems to have a lot less stuff; the Eagan store has a good selection of gear and a nitrox/argon/oxygen fill station for those needing the mixed gases.<br><br><br>
01-22-2003, 07:46 PM,
Re:Scuba Center -- Eagan
MNClimber and I had similar experiences. My girlfriend and I went in so she could buy a mask. I thought they were open later than they actually were. Jerry was helping us. He is an extremely helpful guy and set the standard for the customer service my girlfriend now expects from dive shops. My first clue that we had stayed and hour past closing time was when we left to meet a prior engagement. I would never expect anyone to keep a store open late, and would have left had I known, but it certainly says a little something about how they do business.

I watched her have very different experiences at a number of other shops before we hit Scuba Center. She kept going to different shops because she was so frustrated by getting more information from me, than the grand total of the salespeople we saw. Too bad they don't focus more on building a relationship with customers.

Scuba Center now gets business from both of us. I have found them just as helpful every time I've been there.

Cooincidentally, we happened to walk into a local pool while an open water class was in progress. It was Jerry from Scuba Center! We watched a for a bit from the bleachers. He was helpful, kind, patient, and attentive with the 8 people he was teaching. I overheard people chatting later while he wasn't around. They were giving him rave reviews and saying how much they'd enjoyed the class so far.

Good business Scuba Center!
Just my humble experiences, Tol
03-05-2003, 09:10 PM,
Re:Scuba Center -- Eagan
It's been a while since the last post on this subject, but I feel it's important none the less.

I live very close to Scuba Center Eagan, and therefore it was the first shop I went to. The staff at Scuba Center Eagan was very helpfull in ansering any questions I had. This includes ALL of the staff !! I had gone to the shop several times, and talked to most ( if not all ) of the staff, for hours at a time. Never did I get the feel like I was imposing. This is a very good group of people.

The only problem I have With Scuba Center is that the pool is only 12 ft. deep ;D

BTW.. The Minneapolis store has shown to have the same qualities.