Remember me
Lost Password Register

suunto mosquito
03-12-2004, 04:20 PM,
Re:suunto mosquito

Don't worry - they make great burger flippers Wink And if you have one of those totally useless "scuba tools" they're perfect for opening a beer bottle - the right tools for the right job
03-12-2005, 04:39 PM,
Re: suunto mosquito
Interesting to be responding to this post exactly 1yr to the day after it was initially created...  It goes to show what a new youngster can do to your diving hobby!

Anyway, I bought a Mosquito a couple of years ago and it works well for me: small, versatile, simple, effective.  I also bought the PC transfer cable to load dive info into the Suunto Dive Manager (SDM) software and it makes logging dives a breeze and pretty comprehensive.  Reviewing the manual, it said to check the Suunto web site periodically to download more recent versions of SDM (free SW for those interested)...  I loaded SDM v2.3 today and had fun transfering my old dives and loading my recent dives from Cancun.  Need to play some more but so far it appears to be a decent upgrade from SDM v1.4.
- Dan
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2005, 11:51 AM by LKunze.)
A clarification:  as of today, the Suunto Dive Manager (SDM) software version available is v2.1.3 (not v2.3).
- Dan
03-14-2005, 11:51 AM,
I downloaded this version yesterday.  It's a completely different look than the 1.6 which I had been using for quite awhile.  It took a long time to import my 1.6 dive log but everything seems to be working fine. 
03-14-2005, 06:35 PM,
I just upgraded to 2.1.3 myself, thanks to this post.  Thanks.
Seems pretty slick.  I can't find how to convert away from metric.  What am I missing?

Jeff.
03-14-2005, 06:43 PM,
Never mind.  I found a button on the top called "Help".  Novel idea!  When did they start adding that? Smile