Remember me
Lost Password Register

suunto mosquito
03-01-2004, 09:54 PM,
Re:suunto mosquito

Thats not quite correct, freediving mode will set off alarms after 5 minutes. I don't know the last tech dive I did that was only 5 minutes long. The only way to use the Mosquito in a gauge mode is to bend it first. Which works just fine. It even logs all your dives. Smile
03-11-2004, 08:10 AM,
well I got my Mosquito yesterday at GUDC. thanks Chuck for the demo.
now I just need some open water to checkit out Smile

and maby a dry suit ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-11-2004, 09:09 AM,
You'll like the mosquito. It becomes very simple to use/understand after just a short time working with it. That quick reference card that comes with it is very helpful when you're getting started.
The computer interface is a nice option to have too.
I've changed the battery once or twice on mine since I've had it, no problems. If you jump into this cold water you may notice some signs of a weak battery.. ie, dim LED readouts. Real cold water affects those little batteries.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM,
The folks at Air Down There are sponsoring some pool time next week. That might be a good opportunity to play with your new computer.
--Jason
03-12-2004, 08:03 AM,
A DiveRite Nitek Plus is also a very nice little wristwatch computer - lets you use two Nitrox mixes on your dive (one for the dive, one for deco) and also has a nice gauge mode that will track max depth, etc. It's not too expensive either.
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
03-12-2004, 08:39 AM,
I wont be able to make the pool sesion next week but I may set somthing up with GUDC to do a refersher dive in their pool soon.
I looked at nitek but decided to go with the mosquito because it is small enugh to wear as a watch so I dont need to leave it behind when on a trip. also for now anyway I donot do deco diving so I only use one mix.
for me the computer is more fore tracking and loging then planing. but thanks for the suggestion
03-12-2004, 08:47 AM,
Yeah, the Nitek Plus is a little big for a standard wristwatch. Plus, I bungied it anyway, so I'd look kinda like an idiot wearing it as a watch ;D
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
03-12-2004, 10:24 AM,

Not as big an idiot as those people strapping a Rambo knife to the side of their legs while diving ;D
03-12-2004, 10:34 AM,
lol I dive to see the fish not fight them I guess I could dive with my claymoor straped to my tank :o
03-12-2004, 02:24 PM,
Uh oh...

I have one of those knives. A big ol UK Blue Tang...I bought it right when I started diving. All I could hear was Crocodile Dundee going "Now THIS is a knife!"....

It sits in a misc parts bag now. I'm too embarassed to ever wear it :-[