Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Computer
02-23-2004, 09:35 AM,
Dive Computer
I am looking at purchasing an Oceanic VT Pro dive computer (hoseless) . Anyone else here use this? I can purchase from a local dive shop for $800 or purchase it from a Web site for $600. Does anyone have any experiance in purchasing SCUBA equipment from the internet?
02-23-2004, 03:13 PM,
Re:Dive Computer
I've had good luck purchasing over the internet (Divers' Direct). I try to always buy local, but literally could not have afforded some of my dive equipment buying locally. For the annual maintenance, I packed up the equipment and sent back to Divers Direct for overhaul. They "ate" the additional shipping charges for "next day" delivery, because it took longer than expected in their shop. Sue
02-25-2004, 04:59 AM,
Re:Dive Computer Survey
I have my sights set on an Oceanic VT Pro hoseless computer. Before I pull the trigger on this purchase, I would like to hear from those of you who have purchased a hoseless dive computer, and why you chose the one you did?

Thanks for you input.
02-25-2004, 08:22 AM,
Re:Dive Computer
I used to have an Uwated hoseless, but got rid of it because it wouldn't transmit when I had it set on my regulator the way I like- with all hoses and transmitters pointing down.
I went back to a normal pressure guage and haven't looked back.

ymmv

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
08-07-2006, 01:18 AM,
Re: Dive Computer
umm guys im in big trouble, i need instructions on setting course points on an uwatec true track compass!!!!!!
08-07-2006, 09:17 AM,
Re: Dive Computer
I have a Uwatec hoseless - since 1998 - and I really like it.  I've not had any problems with it so far, although I must admit, I really don't use it much (mines not nitrox capable and don't really work with my rebreather).  I do like the streamline aspect of it.  I haven't had the problem Freedive WI has and I wear it 'upside down' as well.

As for internet purchases, I tend to say away from it.  I like the service I get from my LDS.  But for a $200 difference, I dunno... maybe mention it to you LDS???? Might be an old price tag  Wink
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy