Remember me
Lost Password Register

Triple-L BC
04-24-2005, 07:56 AM,
Re: Triple-L BC
You can buy whatever you want but when it comes to life support equipment I do not buy from the internet. I do extensive research and buy the best equipment for the type of diving I am doing from a local dive shop who will service and stand behind their products.

So are you saying I or anyone should not buy any of their primary scuba gear from the internet?  This will be a big disappointment to ScubaToys, LeisurePro, DiversDiscount, etc. These companies have been in business for as long as many LDS’s and have good reputations for service and support of the equipment they sell. I have found the advice given to me from Larry at ScubaPro to more helpful and honest then I could get at my local LDS.

There are many good BCs available from long standing reputable manufacturers. The BC's may be good or they may not, why take the chance? I do not want to seem condescending, so I hope you take this in the spirit it is given, but you are fairly new at this game and my suggestion is to be cautious and safe with your equipment purchases.

You are implying that any BC on the market that you do not know about personally may or may not be bad and is taking a chance. I understand the intent in your reply but it does sound condescending. Without any justification you have challenged my ability to make a good buying decision and my experience in doing so. I too want to purchase the best equipment I can afford but I am not going to automatically hand my wallet to the local LDS and have them sell me the only BC brand they carry. As far as standing by their products, in my original posting I said that Triple-L had many good reviews and comments from magazines and current owners. They also are OEM’rs to other brands of BC’s that are well known to most divers.

My posting the request to try on someone’s BC made by Triple-L is a continuation of my research into this BC. I would still appreciate any feedback from someone who has purchased a BC from Triple-L.

If you would like to look at their products they can be found at:

Comments from owners on Scubaboard:

Reviews from magazines:
Orion BC Review -
Libra BC Review -
Stratos BC Review -
Laguna Bag Review -
Scuba Board Forum Triple-L Wetsuit Thread -
Scuba Board Forum Triple-L BCD Thread -
Rodale's Scuba Lab review, Taurus BC

Messages In This Thread
Triple-L BC - by RV6Pilot - 04-23-2005, 06:49 AM