Remember me
Lost Password Register

Adventure Sports
03-22-2002, 03:37 AM,
Adventure Sports
I checked out a new-for-me shop last night.<br><br>Adventure Sports Scuba<br>12991 Valley View Rd<br>Eden Prairie, MN 55344<br>952-949-0909<br><br>http://www.adventuresport-scuba.com<br><br>They are currently under an expansion of their facilities.<br>I spoke with Kenny and Dave.  Kenny was a knowledgable salesman and was happy to talk all night about any of the products they carried and there was no pressure to buy.  Dave was finishing up a class and answered all our questions on classes.<br><br>They have an onsite pool.  Sell new and used equipment with the used section being quite large compared to most shops I have been in.<br><br>They carry Amer-Sea which is a back inflated BC coming out of Florida which is in competition for sales with Zeagle.  They carry, in store, many brands including both the Zeagle and the Amer-Sea.  They had one of every size to try on plus more for immediate sale if you want. <br><br>I am 1/2 a step away from buying an Amer-Sea.  This BC is shorter waisted then the Ranger and snugged nicely into my back.  I found it very comfortable while I founded the Ranger bulky.<br><br>They have an onsight pool as well.<br><br>I recommend you check this one out.<br><br>
03-22-2002, 04:08 AM,
Re: Adventure Sports
I have been to thier shop and tried the Amer-sea and it seamed ok but not a great fit for me. I didn't see any thing wrong with the construction or design. If it fits you I see nothing wrong with it for the price. I chose Sherwood because of the modular design allowing me to make it longer to fit me.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-25-2002, 11:24 AM,
I visited the shop this weekend with Chris.  The sales people were friendly, but definitely a little harder sell than most shops I've been in.  I think their equipment prices are a little higher than other shops in the cities.  <br><br>It sounded like they were not big into the local diving scene.   When I mentioned local diving their salesguy basically said "why would you want to do that?" -- in a good natured, sarcastic tone.  Their business is really geared toward people taking vacations to warm-water destinations.  That probably makes sense.  I bet 90% of certified divers in MN don't dive locally.
--Jason
03-25-2002, 11:46 AM,
I'd have to agree... That's why we need the other 10% on this board, wait... maybe they already are?<br><br>:-)
03-26-2002, 07:01 AM,
My DH and I spoke to Dave who conducts the AOW classes.  He was able to speak extensively on Crosby and Wazee.<br><br>Seems it all depends on who you talk to as my experience was good here but not so good elsewhere.<br><br>
05-22-2002, 11:19 AM,
Went to Adventure Sports Today, Althow they are remodeling and basicly closed they let me use their pool for free to see if I had my weights wright with my new wet suit. The more I go there the more I like them.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
01-30-2004, 08:38 PM,
Re:Adventure Sports
Ken is a great guy if you stop in be sure to say hi. He has been there done that. He was a commercial diver for many years and he really knows diving. He is great at answering questions and always has time to talk diving.
01-30-2004, 10:53 PM,
Re:Adventure Sports
Stopped in today and asked about Dry Goves (dont carrey them), then asked about zipper wax for a dry suit (don't have none), then mentioned i was thinking of purchasing an AL40 (no comment).

Sales men was a great guy and I know he felt bad not being able to help but---I just have to agree with Jason Baker. If your diving local you need a different shop for certain things.

FYI if your looking for a fill station- They don't do Nitrox fills.
Chris Bloss
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2006, 01:27 PM by adventure40.)
  Adventure Sports is offering "Free Open Pool" on Friday, August 18th & 25th.  Certified divers, with a buddy, that have been in the water in the last 12 months can use the pool for free.  Air provided at no cost.  Open pool runs from 4:30 to 8:00pm.  Please call ahead, 952-949-0909, space is limited.  We look forward to seeing you.

If you have not been diving regularly and need a formal review, call Todd at the store and we'll discuss options to get your skills up to date.