Remember me
Lost Password Register

Madiera this Saturday
04-02-2004, 06:39 PM,
Re:Madiera this Saturday
Gillenvy,

You are entitled to your opinion, but a lot of divers who are much more experienced than you or I Solo dive and I believe their opinions are much more respected. Keeping an open mind is the key to becomming a better diver and person in general. This is why I say "In my humble opinion".

Have a Nice Day.

Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
04-02-2004, 06:45 PM,
P.S.

Irmoll-

I agree that it is best to dive with a buddy in most circumstances, but would you dive to 350' with someone you don't have confidence in? This would be much more risky than doing it alone. Feel free to dive how you want as long as it doesn't endanger others, and I'm sure we will all do the same.
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
04-05-2004, 09:26 PM,
I tend to agree that if a person wants to solo dive thats their business (Although the rescue divers called out to search may disagree).

Still I was interested if their is any objective reason to believe that a person might be safer without a buddy than an unknown or less than perfect one. On the other hand one should not press a buddy to perform a dive she is not comfortable with. So technical diving might come down to solo or not at all. On the other hand..........

I would think that on a technical dive I am going to gear up to minimize my dependency on a buddy even if they are the best buddy on the world. A fairly common theme in DAN accident reports is that buddies lose contact with each other. Even very experienced divers.
Leon
04-06-2004, 09:09 AM,
If a less experienced buddy has a problem it puts both divers at risk.

I'm think I'm done beating a dead horse at this point.

Happy Diving,
Richard
04-06-2004, 09:21 AM,
Yes, this thing is dog food and glue by now Tongue.