Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Calhoun-Hands on diving(gross)
03-05-2004, 09:57 PM,
Lake Calhoun-Hands on diving(gross)
I am currently working on my divemaster and one of the assignments is to come up with an emergency plan at a dive site. When researching the-who-what-where-when of the rescue I talked to some fire fighters in the area. Some how the topic of James Moon came up.(no pun intended) He was the lawyer the was suspected of staging his death so life insurance would pay out and he would get out of debt and live on easy street. He was missing for 27 months when his body finally surfaced on the shore of lake Calhoun, minus a hand. Investigators believe he tied a weight to his arm and sunk. Over time, he let loose leaving a hand anchored to a weight on the bottom of lake Calhoun......where I did about 20 dives last summer alone :o! I have found some crazy, CRAZY stuff, but I don't know what I would do if I were diving and got my christmas goose a little early. See ya at Thomas beach, Scubadog76 Tongue :-[ :-\
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson