Remember me
Lost Password Register

Getting Excited
03-12-2004, 03:53 PM,
Getting Excited
spring must be getting close,

at any given time there are almost 10 people on the site split between guests and members. I'm usually one of the guests because my computer doesnt always log me in.

Anyway, cannot wait to start the spring diving season. One problem, where will the first dive be??

This summer I need to hit crosby and superior in addition to my usuals in grand rapids and square.
Brian
03-12-2004, 04:00 PM,
Re:Getting Excited
dry or wet I'm ready to dive maby an fools of april trip to Crosby when the ice goes out ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-12-2004, 04:20 PM,
I saw that mn school of diving has some nice pictures of crosby up on their site now. That should provide some motivation for that fools of april dive. I wish i could commit to something like that now, but spring is my busiest time. Hopefully I can work something out.

A wet dive couldn't be that bad could it, im used to dipping below the thermal in the summer wet.
Brian
03-12-2004, 05:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2004, 05:59 PM by LKunze.)
Well, the only difference is that there are no thermalclines setup yet early in the spring so your whole dive from shallow to deep will be around 40 degrees. :o No relief from the cold until you get out of the water. Still...it's doable wet if you have a high tolerance to the cold...LOL!
I'd be up for a Crosby, Wazee or Superior dive in April. Wazee will probably be ice free before Crosby and of course Superior should be ready to rock right now.
03-12-2004, 08:58 PM,
yup, that time of the year again.. .watching the ice.. waiting, waiting. very anxious. screw the cold.. I'm in when the ice is off.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-14-2004, 12:21 AM,
I'll be watching good ol Square starting the 1st week of April. I'm past excited...I'm ready to ROCK!!! ;D

Jean

P.S. You and me both Fred!!! 8)
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-14-2004, 05:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2004, 06:27 PM by willadams67.)
I'm all pumped up too. Superior is open. I'll let you know conditions when I get back I'm going up there on Thursday. It sure beats a pool, and your gear doesn't get all discolored.
03-15-2004, 11:04 AM,
Can't wait for my first Wazee trip of the season... always nice to get back in the water that started it all. Smile
03-15-2004, 04:34 PM,
my first year and it has been a long winter waiting get going
;D
03-17-2004, 03:22 AM,

Hey , don't knock pool diving!!! I like my gear faded... Wink

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH