Remember me
Lost Password Register

Discover Rebreathers version 3.0
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM,
Discover Rebreathers version 3.0
Going Under Dive Center will be sponsoring a Discover Rebreather program Monday and Tuesday evening March 22 and 23 from 7:00-10:00 pm.

Monday evening we will discuss rebreather theory, differences between rebreathers and open circuit, and then break down several different rebreather units. Tuesday evening we will provide you the opportunity to dive some of the Closed Circuit and Semi-Closed circuit rebreathers in the pool.

As before you can attend both evenings independently and there is no charge for Monday's session. A $45 fee to cover the cost of gas, chemical, and rebreather rental is needed to secure your spot for Tuesday. We can take a maximum of 10 for the pool session (5 spots are currently reserved) so email me at Chuck@goingunder.net or call GUDC at 763-424-8717 to guarantee your pool space.

Safe Diving,

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center
Don't believe the hype!
03-24-2004, 10:12 PM,
Re:Discover Rebreathers version 3.0
Thanks, Chuck!

I highly recomend everybody give this a try when this is offerd again.

I wasn't able to make it to the 1st or 2nd event, but fortunatly I was finally able to attend.

Warning*** participation in this event may get you thinking about parting yourself from you hard erned cash! Oh well, Mac-n-cheese isn't so bad for a summer(or 2).
03-28-2004, 10:43 PM,
Re:Discover Rebreathers version 3.0
I signed up for the "Discover Rebreathers" class last December.
It was great!! I had a chance to try each and every rebreather Going Under Dive Center had to offer.

Personnally, I like the Inspiration Buddy the best. I was able to nail the buoyancy right away, (of-coarse that was in the pool), and it was the easiest to breath from, out of all of the other rebreathers. It was also very quiet, you could hardly hear it when you breathed in and out. The other rebreathers seemed to be a bit louder than the rest.

Anyway, thats my opinion on the subject. I don't think I'll be buying one this year. I Have to many projects on the slate. I will not be able to commit the time needed for training.

I understand the rebreathers, specifically the Inspiration, requires a substantial amount of training to be able to dive them safely. I respect all of the different rebreathers enough to realize that it can hurt or kill you if you don't train, train, train, and dive, dive, dive, with them.

I equate the rebreather to the same as my flying an aircraft.
Even though the rebreathers are not as complicated as a Beachcraft or Mooney on an instrument approach on final into an airport, I still think they require almost as much training.
The same reason holds true for staying current with flying as well as diving, (flying) the rebreathers.

The advantage to having a rebreather over OC is many! It should be researched by you the end user if you are interested enough in them.

So take the "Discover Rebreathers" class that Going Under Dive Center in Maple Grove has to offer to decide for yourself.

Safe Diving
PJK
Safe Diving<br />PJK