Remember me
Lost Password Register

Smith Diving - Fridley
04-23-2002, 06:51 AM,
Smith Diving - Fridley
I have used Smith diving in Fridley on University Avenue. A very nice small shop. With many scheduled events to make it easy to find a buddy.  There are scheduled fun dives nearly every Tuesday night at Square Lake. I have stopped in often just to talk.  And even asked about equipment someone wanted to sell me, and got good advice. Terry, the owner, didn't even shed a tear that I considered not buying from him. Good, friendly people who love diving.
Leon
04-23-2002, 07:50 AM,
Re: Smith Diving - Fridley
Yep, I did my training there, nice folks. Smile
04-23-2002, 08:56 AM,
<br>I bought some gear (accessories) from them.  Nice folks.  They have a reputation for providing solid training.  I have thought about using them for some additional training.  I wish they were closer to my house.  I would visit more often.
--Jason
05-20-2002, 09:36 AM,
I received my Naui cerification from Smith diving last October. I am extremely happy with the training I got. You spend 2 hours in the classroom followed by 2 hours in the pool (they use YMCA, but its a short drive). I went on their trip to Cozumel last February. It was an awesome trip and I am definitely going back! I am using their season rental on a BC, wetsuit and tank and I will have the option to buy the equipment in September. I went on their Treasure dive yesterday (May 19) at Square Lake. They gave away a lot of expensive equipment! They have a trip to Crosby Mines on June 1, Gilbert Pit on June 9 and Perch lake on June 15, in addition to the Tuesday evening dives at Square Lake at 5 PM starting June 4 - Sept 10 (not positive, but I think they meet at Golden Acres resort just before Square Lake Park).  
05-20-2002, 12:53 PM,
Hello Bob, nice to see you here. I enjoyed buddying up with you at the treasure dive. Lots of good prizes, although the one I won this year was a small one. I look forward to next years dive.<br>
Leon