Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Dive & Travel----MPLS
05-15-2002, 07:40 PM,
Scuba Dive & Travel----MPLS
I went there for the first time and was very pleased with the help I received.  Honest peolple and no pressure to sell stuff.   They have a spring and summer schedule of fun dives and events.        
GO DIVING!
05-20-2002, 09:04 AM,
Re: Scuba Dive & Travel----MPLS
This weekend I ordered an OMS BP & Wing at:<br><br>SCUBA Dive + Travel<br>4741 Chicago Ave. South<br>Minneapolis, MN 55407<br>612//823/7210<br>fax 823/1605<br><br>www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br><br>Richard Dreher//Owner<br><br>He was friendly and knowledgeable.<br><br>Richard dives long hose and was teaching a TriMix class when we got there.
08-28-2003, 01:19 PM,
Re:Scuba Dive & Travel----MPLS
I went to Scuba Dive & Travel yesterday and I have to say I was very impressed. Shirley was very helpful. I told her I was new to scuba and I was looking for a good set of starter gear. She proceeded to explain each piece I would need, with reasons and things to watch out for (like fads and hypes). She focused on fit, comfort, safety and designed usage. I do feel bad that she ended up staying 20 minutes after closing. I certainly appreciated it. (Thanks, Shirley!) That's the kind of service that wins customers.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, &quot;Damn...that was fun!&quot;
01-31-2004, 11:52 AM,
If were talking favorite dive shops, I'll have to say this is my favorite shop. Few shops are more involved in the local diving scene then Richard and Darin. They are always going up to superior in the summer for dive weekends that cost next to nothing (camp site, food, beer, air). They are involved in the MNscuba Wed fun dives (they are the ones who bring the hot dogs). And they are never to busy to talk diving with you. These guys carry all the latest and greatest in equipment. If they don't have something that you want they'll get it in for you. To top things off they have some of the best prices in town.
02-25-2004, 06:03 PM,
We are looking for Instructors for this summer. If anyone is interrested, please contact me.

Thanks,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel
4741 Chicago ave s
Mpls, MN 55407
612-823-7210
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
04-22-2004, 09:49 PM,
I have spent most of my trips to local dive shops here. Last year I did a seasonal rental on a tank and got my moneys worth out of airfills. This year I have made several other purchases and have found the prices to be very competative. It is a fun shop to stop in and see. don't be afraid to talk to them, i think they like it.

Thanks for the great help at sd@t
Brian
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM,
I bought a reg set and computer, and some other toys, at SD&T yesterday. Both Darrin and Richard were very helpful and patient with my many questions! This shop is awesome and really supports the local (and distant) diving community.
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
07-08-2004, 02:29 PM,
Are there even any other shops?
07-09-2004, 07:23 AM,
Local Dive Shops
willadams67, definitely some great shops out there!

IMHO of having visited these shops over the last 20 years or so, UW Schools, Fantasea Scuba, Going Under, Smith Diving (in no particular order), ALL do an AWESOME job of customer service with great enthusiasm, professional training, and stand behind what they offer.

Some of these shops have been around for decades, a testiment to their consistant good services and products in times of economic and recreational acitivity changes.

I like our local dive shops.
Being in business is tough work and there's lots of competition. Most of the shops I know simply want to see this sport grow, in a safe manner and be family friendly.

It's a matter of fit and convenience, and personalities that you jive with. I hope everyone supports their local dive stores. They are our neighbors, our teachers, and our quality control experts, especially those who work hard at it, year after year! Wink
07-09-2004, 10:58 PM,
I didn't really believe there were no other shops out there just humor. I like air down there and a few other shops around town too. SD&T is just a really great shop.