Remember me
Lost Password Register

Square and other lake conditions
03-31-2004, 03:59 PM,
Square and other lake conditions
How are the local lake conditions looking as far as ice outs??
I have noticed the shore i is open on almost all of the lakes I have seen. Can't wait!!!
Brian
03-31-2004, 05:20 PM,
Re:Square and other lake conditions
Yeah, where's Jean at? We need our daily lake ice report. Wink
--Jason
03-31-2004, 05:57 PM,

Actually , I am headed out there right now!!! Will report on the condition later tonight... I am on the job gang!

Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-01-2004, 03:02 AM,
SQUARE/PERCH Lakes ICE REPORT on 03/31/2004

Square Lake (at the boat landing):
The ice has moved about 3-4 feet away from the shore around the boat landing and down towards the county park. The ice is still hugging the shore line around Golden Acres Park.

Perch Lake:
The ice has moved away from the boat landing off of the main road about 2-3 feet. However , that is the only spot that I could see that had open water. The rest of the shore line had ice up to it.

Thank you very much
Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-01-2004, 07:28 AM,
Probably another couple weeks then maybe?
04-01-2004, 09:04 PM,
Maybe not that long. I drove by my old lake the other day and all but 4-5 feet along shore was covered in ice, but then 2 days later, it was completely open water with no sign of ice.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
04-04-2004, 01:13 PM,
I drove by square lake around noon today and there was still ice. I would suppose that the ice has about three days or so left until melting, so long as the weather keeps up. The ice is melted about four feet away from the shore line all the way around and the West end of the lake looks like it is opening up much better. In fact the West "bay" is all open water. With the rain Thursday and all I would expect that the lake should be ready for diving by this comming weekend.
04-04-2004, 10:23 PM,
I don't know what lakes you guys are at, lake Calhoun was open yesterday, 12 feet vis. 39 deg. Lake Harriet was about 15 ft. vis today. Square has got to be about the only lake that isn't open. Times a wastin' people!
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-05-2004, 08:15 AM,
Water temp of 39 degrees? Are you guys diving wet or dry?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, &quot;Damn...that was fun!&quot;
04-05-2004, 09:02 AM,
dry. did wet at that temp. once. that was far more than enough.