Remember me
Lost Password Register

Sunken treasures
07-01-2002, 07:54 PM,
Re: Sunken treasures
Great thread on the snorkel... almost unbelievable.  Way to go!<br><br>two masks, one anchor, old steel beer can, lead weight from a marker bouy, a half dozen or more golf balls, 1 full bottle Zema, many lures<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-02-2002, 05:18 AM,
Quote:<br>Haha, that's funny!  Lonnie, I can't believe you found Dan's snorkel.  Hey maybe we need a new Lost & Found forum on this site.  
<br><br><br>That is unbelievable, what are the chances!? Nice to know this site really IS good for something, haha.
07-02-2002, 04:16 PM,
I went to Oshkosh this past weekend and accidently brought all my dive gear.  So a couple buddies and I went to a couple lakes.  Both of the lakes had great visability.   Found an old Hamms beer can.  Not a pop top, the kind you have to use an opener on.  Also found an old coca-cola can, a snorkel ( sorry Dan this one is not yours ), a couple fishing bobbers, eight golf balls, a couple fishing lures, and a homemade anchor made from a large gear and shaft with a loop welded to the end.<br>
GO DIVING!
08-22-2002, 08:01 PM,
Re:Sunken treasures
I once found a weight belt in Wazee with 26 lbs of lead still attached! I still wonder what might have happened to that diver since the belt was on a fairly steep wall and over 100 feet deep! It was a pain to bring up though.<br><br>I found and recovered an outboard motor in Higgins Lake (Central Michigan).<br><br>And my big treasure was a 5 peso note in Cozumel Wink<br><br>Matt
08-27-2002, 05:43 AM,
Re:Sunken treasures
Roguediver, It is interesting you mention Higgins Lake. That's where I did my OW check out dives years ago. We dove at the State Park and called the walk to the drop off the "death march".