Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Have you used the dive buddy list
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
What dive buddy list?
18.18%
10 18.18%
Contacted people from the list
5.45%
3 5.45%
Found buddy from the list
3.64%
2 3.64%
Found the list useful
23.64%
13 23.64%
Never used the list
49.09%
27 49.09%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Dive buddies
04-13-2004, 05:03 AM,
Dive buddies
How is the buddy list being used? When was the last time you updated your entry in the list?
Leon
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM,
Re: Dive buddies
not enough poll options..."posted stats only"

Thanks
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM,
I've updated my entry a couple times since it was first posted.
09-23-2007, 10:50 PM,
i chose Never used the list Smile
10-18-2009, 08:13 AM,
I ran into this old, old posting this morning:

With cold weather coming, there are a few brave souls still diving and and communicating to each other about these late season dives. There are just a handful of divers that go all year long. I am guessing that number of all season divers in the whole state is less than 100. For the local divers that pack the gear up about this time of year, there is not much to do that is dive related for the next 5-6 months. There are the few non diving events like the "Gales of November", and the "GLSPS show" in February. There may be a winter dive trip to some warm climate. You may be taking the classroom portion of a dive certification over the winter. Then you should take your gear to the local dive shop and get it serviced while you have time to do that.

Winter is also a good time to update your info on the posting: "Dive buddy list". This is a great tool for divers to get to know each other and find a buddy in your area, or a buddy with similar experience, or maybe you are looking for a dive buddy with more experience than you for a mentor. I have used this list to find info on divers. I noticed that not many people update their info on that list. A good way to update that list is to add a line on the bottom of your info that says: "Info updated on __-__-2009". Here is a link to the "Dive Buddy List":