Remember me
Lost Password Register

Midwest-Cave diving. Does it exist?
04-17-2004, 08:04 AM,
Midwest-Cave diving. Does it exist?
Anyone know of any good caves for diving in the midwest area? Smile
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-17-2004, 11:39 AM,
Re:Midwest-Cave diving. Does it exist?
If you find out, let me know Smile

I'm itching to get some cave diving in....I've got a lead on some mines in Jainesville, WI. But...the only way that you can dive them is by signing up for a cave diving class w/ the owner of a shop in Madison. Apparently she has permission to dive the mines from the landowner...they don't pay anything to do it, they just give him a "tip" when they dive their.

I want to find out who the landowner is and have a conversation with him...
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
04-17-2004, 03:22 PM,
There is cave diving in Missouri, the Waynesville area I believe. Anyone who has been in the army and spent time at Ft. Leonardwood knows all about Waynesville. Wink
Al
04-17-2004, 06:10 PM,
What's odd is that I spent four years at the University of Missouri - Rolla, just up 44 from Fort Lost in the Woods and I didn't know that there really was any diving in the immediate area. I even used to go across one of the bridges where there is a fair amount of cave diving now and there wasn't a lot going on. Admittedly that has been 14-18 years ago so maybe there wasn't a lot going on back then.

JoelW
04-19-2004, 09:58 AM,
Are there any cave diving sites in southern MN?
I know there are alot of caves down there.... :o
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli