Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Nutrition
04-19-2004, 07:06 AM,
Diving Nutrition
I recently read an article in Dive training magazine about supplements and foods a diver can eat to help with off gasing and preventing DCS. It said some of the supplements that are good are:grape seed extract, pine bark extract, cranberries.

Is there anything to this? Let the discussion begin.... ;D
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-19-2004, 07:27 AM,
Re:Diving Nutrition
These compounds probably have some antioxidant properties. They could help prevent the formation of free radicals.
04-19-2004, 09:38 AM,
How do 'antioxidents' help prevent DCS? What are some antioxidents I can find in various foods, supplments, etc.?

And what is a 'free radical'? Does Abby Hoffman count??? ;D
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
04-19-2004, 09:51 AM,

Mark, I didn't know you were a reporter Wink

I had the same questions. Maybe we should get you on a local Cable show. 8)
04-19-2004, 09:56 AM,
I've read some info in the past about protecting cells from damage at the onset of DCS. In many diving situations, microbubbles are formed without your knowing it. The degree of damage to your tissues is what's going to tell you if your bent or not. Here's a topic I started a while ago that is on a related subject.
05-06-2004, 10:36 PM,
When filling up on pine bark extract, how could you possibly have any room left for nitrogen Tongue
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson