Remember me
Lost Password Register

adjusting first stage?
04-21-2004, 09:30 AM,
adjusting first stage?

How do you do that?
04-21-2004, 09:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2004, 09:33 AM by Inspirationdiver.)
Re:adjusting first stage?
Basically just wiggle it. The orings on tanks in these countries are horrible and pretty much cemented into the valve so you can't replace them.
04-21-2004, 10:10 AM,
Inspiration if quite right and that's exactly what i meant.

One time I was waiting for a boat to peick me up down in Mexico. While I was waiting I watched the local divemasters getting ready to "visual" their tanks for the year. They had this tank vise cemented into the ground and had the tank strapped in with a chain vise. Then, they put a HUGE crescent wrench on the valve, put a long pipe on the end of the valve, and then had no less than 3 guys pushing their hearts out to crack that valve open, and off the tank. This went on all day long and they only managed to inspect a few of the tanks.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
04-21-2004, 11:47 AM,
These are the same people who double up the tank neck orings because the tanks are THAT corroded and they still leak. How many tanks did they crack just trying to get the valves off? And they fill these buggers (and hot fills at that) day in and day out for years. Yep thats Mexico.

T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.