Remember me
Lost Password Register

dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?)
04-21-2004, 10:04 AM,
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?)
This is turning into a terrific thread indeed. As far as the use of the word stroke is concerned, I wholeheartedly agree with FreediveWi. There are people who ven when knowing better still maintain an unsafe attittude: they're strokes. There are divers who claim to be DIR but when asked a specific question about the why of what they do, they cannot come up with the correct answer (that's why so much time in a DIRF is class is spent going over all the why's instead of the how's): these people in my opinion are the biggest possible strokes. Is it possible to have a safe attittude towards diving when using a CCR: absolutely - it just doesn't fit within the DIR concept.
DIR is a niche in diving and will always remain that way, but both because of tone and message it created quite some controversy. I have no illusions that some people will always disagree and that's their good right - I don't care - I just won't dive with that person. If that's considered by some a religion, so be it. As long as I won't have to die because of my religion (actually, now that I come to think of it, that's the last thing DIR wants Wink) I'm fine with it either way...

Messages In This Thread
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?) - by DRE - 04-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?) - by Groovekitty - 04-21-2004, 01:09 PM