Remember me
Lost Password Register

dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?)
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM,
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?)
A little bit of it is gear, do they have a second stage which can be torn down underwater without gear. Some of it is planning, do they have enough gas, and skill, to bail their buddy out if there's a problem. Do they talk about how great they are underwater, and then stir up everything insight because they have no trim.

Not being an expert on all forms of rebreathers I'll still take a stabe at the RB80 question. It's my understanding that the gas usage,and dosage, on the RB80 is directly tied to the divers own work of breathing. This cannot be said for other SCR's, like the Dolphin or the Ray, which can have widely fluctuating F02's in the bag due to work load. The RB80 is tied to the workload so the F02 stays much more constant. From what I understand this is the reason for one rebreather over the other.

Maybe you can help me out with this. I "thought" that the Gator, or the Frog, was suppossed to work on hte same prinicple, but can't remember for sure.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?) - by Freedive WI - 04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?) - by Groovekitty - 04-21-2004, 01:09 PM