Remember me
Lost Password Register

dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?)
04-21-2004, 01:09 PM,
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?)
It is very interesting how everyone has approached this question.

According to my training there is really no such thing as 100% DIR. Now I have used this term (if you will) to descibe myself - but in reality DIR is like all forms of education. It is ongoing and there are things the DIR diver can continually improve upon and practise. 100% DIR is something to asipire to be and I believe that in that pursuit, no one is ever 100% but simply striving to be.

As for solo diving - rule #1 applies here. If you don't have a buddy - call the dive at the dock. And for those if you interested in the standarized DIR training through Global Underwater Explorers (GUE) - if a GUE instructor, yours or another one, sees you diving in a non DIR fashion, they have the power to revoke your certification card on the spot.

As you progress as a diver, and as a DIR diver, you will understand better why as a DIR diver you would never even consider doing a solo dive.

I hope this helps in the understanding of DIR and how it truly is a holistic system - mind, body and soul (a.k.a. gear configuration, fitness, and philosophy).

Messages In This Thread
Re:dressing for tech diving? (was in What the Heck is DIR?) - by Groovekitty - 04-21-2004, 01:09 PM