Remember me
Lost Password Register

Weird Items found in local lakes.
04-19-2004, 12:39 PM,
Weird Items found in local lakes.
I am opening this thread for members to post the oddest items found throughout their scuba diving adventures in local lakes and quarries. whether it be fossils,bottles,toilet seats, whatever...... Wink

"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-19-2004, 12:44 PM,
Re:Weird Items found in local lakes.
I found a brand new ice scoop with the label still on it(the ones used for ice fishing) when I was ice diving in Little Long lake last year.
04-19-2004, 02:43 PM,
Last summer I did a couple of dives just North of Grand Rapids. My second dive was in Caribou lake. Visibility was decent, but other than right around the edges, there was nothing to see.

Just as I was wondering if I was the first SCUBA diver in the lake (I WAS probably the first rebreather diver in the lake Wink) I noticed a triangular shape in the silt below me. When I cleared the silt away what did I find? A dive flag...

Obviously not the first diver in the lake. Also not that odd of an item, but still kind of ironic, as I was just thinking about it.
04-19-2004, 03:39 PM,
I found one of the neatest anchors you will ever see in Lake Minnetonka last year. Pictures are on this thread:

--Jason
04-19-2004, 04:31 PM,
Cooking pan in one of the Crosby pits...here fishy fishy! Smile
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM,

Bring your cooking pan we found the BBQ grill at Big Island, along with sun glasses and two high ball glasses. ;D
04-21-2004, 08:12 AM,
On Sat, A buddy and I found a femer in lake Harriet. We dropped it off at the police station and there going to call us if it's human and if we need to show them where it was at. Last fall, in a different spot of that lake, I found large vertibrate which again went to the cops (animal bones we found out later). The med examiner has got to be getting pretty tired of me. Finally, last summer, and I SWEAR this is no lie. I was in a lake in bloomington and found an adult novelty toy. I didn't bring that to the cops however. I am thinking about starting a guide service in that lake because of how fast people heard about that. No, I don't have gps coordinates!
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-21-2004, 12:01 PM,
I love it.
"What did you find in the lake today?"
"Oh nothing... (mumbling) just an adult toy."
too funny
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
04-22-2004, 09:31 PM,
The best theories I can come up with is:

A> Some guy was about to get married and had to get rid of it.
B> Some kids mom was about to clean his room and had to get rid of it.
C> It's the most fascinating freshwater coral formation ever made!

I don't think anyone will find it here.........whoops :-\
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
05-03-2004, 08:13 PM,
Two years ago in Mille lacs I found a whole intact tackle box. I guessed it to be in the 70's vintage. I took some of the lure's to a friend that collects and thats what he placed it at. In it were 1 pair of needle nose and standard pliers. You know, the good quality steel ones we cant seem to find anymore. Both were in great shape. I immediatley put the in a bucket of wd40 and they look like new. I use them on my boat all the time.
CJ