Remember me
Lost Password Register

Adventure Sports
04-20-2004, 06:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2007, 12:13 PM by LKunze.)
Adventure Sports
Adventure Sports

04-22-2004, 11:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:19 AM by jasondbaker.)
Re:Adventure Sports
That's too bad... but honestly I could see this becomming more and more common as people buy more online than at their local dive shop. Lots of local dive shops are losing big money because of overseas internet pricing, as well as some local websites.

However taking his frustration out on an innocent potential customer wasn't the right thing to do, and they lost more business because of it.

I guess this goes back to the ever-so-popular, online vs lds debates that arrise from time to time. A lot of people have turned to the internet for prices and the LDS for service and fills. If the problem doesn't get solved soon, we'll be in a world of hurt because dive shops can't afford to do fills for $5-$7 when they lose the sales end of the business.
04-22-2004, 02:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:19 AM by jasondbaker.)
It is too bad you had to get abused like that it is really hard on the sales person who waited on you Me I would be looking for a better shop to work for. I always buy locally and by that I call local anything within 90 miles of me so I go to Braindard, St. Cloud, Duluth and Virgina. The shops I have been in those towns have real nice owners and employees and are very helpful a couple of them have even gone as far as to send me to another shop as what I was looking for or thinking about knew the other store had it. Thats what I call good business. I might spend a little more than the internet, but if I have problems they take good care of me and even had let me use their equipment while they fixed mine.
04-22-2004, 03:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:19 AM by jasondbaker.)
I can see that alot of people feel slighted by these people. I know when I took my open water I went to them because they were a few dollars cheaper then anyone else. Come to find that I didn't get to keep any of the materials for the class. If they keep up their service they won't have to worry about customers because they'll have none.

Ken is  a nice guy some other shop should give him a job when adventure sports expires.
04-22-2004, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  I have been there a couple of times and have felt neither invited or excluded.  The bottom line is that there are several dive shops in the area that are a lot more welcoming.  Research the board and take a look at the shops most involved in local diving, the ones hosting a lot of events (...wednesdays) seem  to have good to reasonable pricing, but most importantly, awesome customer service.  They like being in the area! 

Best of Luck finding the right place
Brian
04-22-2004, 10:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
The old saying in retail: If a customer has a good experience in your store, they tell one person.  If they have a bad experience, they tell ten.  Keep an eye on this post for how many people know what a crappy job they did!
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-26-2004, 06:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
Anyone can have a bad day, or a single bad experience at a shop, but it seems like two people had almost exactly the same experience from the same person.

At least he's consistent  Sad

Consistency over quality works for McDonalds, I'm not sure it will work for dive stores.
04-26-2004, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
I work down the street from Adventure Sports and thought it was great - I could get fills at lunch!  But the more I went there the more I became turned off because of the strange managment personalities  :Smile I know they had some hard times with the building foundation going bad but...

Now I get fills (and everything else) at a more friendly shop Wink
04-26-2004, 10:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
I used to work out there near Adventure.  I also had very bad experiences with them.  That's all I will say on it.  Needless to say , they lost a customer with me!  Not that that will bother them too much!  But I do agree with Will , Ken is nice. 

Jean  Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-27-2004, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
I remember seeing a "Consumer Watch" type segment on a local news station several years ago. I believe it was channel 9. They did a story about a couple who was apparently cheated out of a bunch of money that they had paid for instruction classes. At the time I was not a diver, but now even as I live and work near that store I have never set foot inside their doors. I am happy to drive well out of my way to visit other local dive shops that offer exceptional service. It is amazing to me how a company can survive running a business that is so service oriented.