Remember me
Lost Password Register

Adventure Sports
04-27-2004, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
Re:Adventure Sports
I would like to say I have been to the store a few times and never had a problem. I used to work near there and called about their pool wondering about renting it to work on bounicy the owner let me use their pool for free on my lunch breaks and(this was before I purchased any thing from the shop) I later bought a 6 mill Farmer J from him. I do not use him as main store so can not talk as to "normal" behavior but he has treated me well.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-28-2004, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM by jasondbaker.)
I just came back from a trip to Cozumel with Adventure Sports. All of the staff including Randy, the owner, were great with me. Randy even gave me extra pool time including equipment for next to nothing to help my confidence in getting my OW cert. even though I did not do any of my training with them before that time.

I am not going to defend Randy as I was not there during the times others had problems. But I will add that Randy has been going through some very rough medical issues within his family and I am sure that has had an impact on his outlook and demeaner.

Again, no excuse for bad customer service, but maybe a point of perspective to consider.
04-29-2004, 10:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
In my opinion, I agree with the "be very careful & aware" if you go to ASI.    They are clearly in the beginner diver catagory as all they serve is basic equipment and air only.  They do not have a knowledge base to offer varioius points of view or give a path to truly grow diver advancement.  Weird for a dive shop...

So, if you are a contemplating spending money on training as well as equipment, I find there are some other shops that make the drive to their location well worth your time and saftey.  Although the drive is 17 miles accross town, I find GUDC to be my preference. 

11-06-2004, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
[quote='vmi link' dateline='1083254794']
In my opinion, I agree with the \"be very careful & aware\" if you go to ASI.    They are clearly in the beginner diver catagory as all they serve is basic equipment and air only.  They do not have a knowledge base to offer varioius points of view or give a path to truly grow diver advancement.  Weird for a dive shop...

So, if you are a contemplating spending money on training as well as equipment, I find there are some other shops that make the drive to their location well worth your time and saftey.  Although the drive is 17 miles accross town, I find GUDC to be my preference. 

[/quote]
11-06-2004, 04:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
Regretably I just read the posts from this website about Adventure Sports. Had I done my homework, I wouldnt have had to endure the WORST most ABUSIVE treatment I have EVER gotten from the owner of ANY retail store. I am proud to be a diver, and proud that there are four certified active divers in my family.  I think that the dive community is a fantastic group of people. I agree that the Ken is a wonderful instructor.  However, to have my son-- who was so excited to turn ten so he could take scuba training and "join the ranks"-- end up in tears because this  owner was so inappropriate is just plain WRONG.

Will my son who is so discouraged end up not being a diver? Not if I have anything to say about it. However, I don't think he can afford another experience like today. I hope that this owner can not afford it either. However, from the number of similar problems, it seems that he still survives. If you have a recommendation for a good training program for a younster, please reply. 
11-07-2004, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
Read your post and I am sorry to hear about your experience. First of all I know this forum is a good place to blow steam and inform other, but you need to write or call Quality Assurance of the certifing agency they represent and inform them if your sons miss treatmemt was done during training and let them know and handle it.
Second I have been in Air Down There and they seem to be great people, and I think they will do right by you So check them out.
11-07-2004, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
Hi, I am Scott the owner of SeaYa Diving in Shakopee, MN. We would love to help your family. We offer classes, gear, fills, service, trips, etc. We can be contacted at 952-445-7875, scuba@seayadiving.com, or .
11-08-2004, 10:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
Good suggestion on contacting Quality Assurance for this store, but WHO is the training agency that Adventure Sports is associated with???

They are not listed with PADI or on PADI's site, though in my yellow page book they advertise PADI Instruction?? Strange?! Also, can't find them associated with NAUI?? ???  SSI??  ???  SDI??  ???    XYZ??  ???  Strange, anyone...anyone... Bueller?

Anyone know what training agency and standards Adventure Sports in Eden Prairie is accountable to? Hate for it to be NO ONE!
:-\
11-08-2004, 10:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
How could it be that they have no agency? What does it say on the C cards that get issued? Or do they treat their instructors as sub contractors who then issue for the agency they are registered with?
Leon
11-08-2004, 10:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM by jasondbaker.)
The last time I checked it was PADI but that was a while ago...I haven't been in the shop for over a year now and I will not go back...It is so sad when a shop treats clients like that...There are other shops in town , like LRRP02 said , that will treat you very nicely and fairly...Now that I/WE am/are sure of !!!!

Welcome to the MN Diving Family btw !!!! 

Jean  Smile

P.S.  And their web-site is unavailable...Go Figure...  :Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH