Remember me
Lost Password Register

Weather, etc...
03-16-2002, 05:39 PM,
Weather, etc...
Local information:<br>http://www.nws.noaa.gov/
03-11-2003, 11:16 AM,
Re:Weather, etc...

Is a site based out of UW MAdison's research center. It uses satalites to check the visibilty on various lakes thorughout the state. It lets you zoom in on any part of the state and color codes the lakes depending upon clarity. This website has been an ongoing process that has ahd it's data backed up by people on the ground using sechi disks to confirm the stalite data.

It is a great way to checkout out lakes that you have never been to before.

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
03-11-2003, 11:21 AM,
That's a cool site. Thanks for the link Jon!
03-11-2003, 11:37 AM,
I have wasted away more hours than I can think of on that site. It checks out with lakes that I have dove in for years and know exactly what the vis is. I have even checked out some of the sites on MAPQUEST, because you can now do aerial photo searches on MAPQUEST. It is pretty cool to zoom in on a lake that you have never heard of before and get a photo of it.

There are some really nice looking lakes in the northern part of Wisconsin that I really want to try out sometime this summer. I would have never even known about them if it weren't for that site.

Not all tax dollars are wasted. Wink

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin