Remember me
Lost Password Register

Any lakes that diving not allowed?
05-12-2004, 10:39 PM,
Any lakes that diving not allowed?
For no particuler reason at all :Smile, I was going to get a list of lakes together of lakes that have funky rules about diving. I believe the county parks have rules against it, but where would you find regs on all lakes. I think there is a fair argument that "NO SWIMMING" does not include diving because I have tried to dive at a beach and the life guards tweaked out and wouldn't let me do it,(and no it wasn't a nude beach Wink) We've gone to Lake elmo and had no problems but a dive shop was not allowed in for a fun dive. Where can we get the facts to find out who got their badge from the state and who got their badge from the Perkins wishing well? Also, is there a way to get the legal definition that sepperates diving from swimming? Let 'er rip, S.dog76.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
05-12-2004, 11:41 PM,
Re:Any lakes that diving not allowed?
here is a start
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-13-2004, 01:11 PM,
This is a good question. I live in Owatonna, and we have Lake Kohlmier. It has a "No swimming Allowed" anywhere outside the roped off beach. You can't dive in the swimming area. If you Dive outside of the Swim area, you get in trouble for swimming in a no swimming area. Our local Dive club has worked it out to that you can call the police station, and ask for permission. They ussually let you if you belong to our local club. We volenteer to put in the rope and bouys for the swimming area in the spring, and take them out in the fall, so they are very cooperative with us.

Would be nice to see a standard. I think each lake is controlled by a differant group (i.e. State Park, County, City, Park and rec) so you almost have to find out the authority for the lake and ask them.
Family of five
All love to dive, Dennie
05-15-2004, 07:49 AM,
Does anyone know if bass lake in pequot lakes area is off limits to diving? It is by the whitefish chain of lakes.
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli