Remember me
Lost Password Register

In need of legal help!
05-05-2004, 10:05 AM,
Re:In need of legal help!
if you dont get any satisfaction from them,
please list the contact ppl and their phone numbers here.

having that info will help more us pick up the phone and
give you (and all of us) hand getting this straightend out.

good luck!
05-05-2004, 01:22 PM,
Don't forget the email addresses . . .
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
05-05-2004, 02:01 PM,
What would you recommend we ask over and over to get this resolved quickly?

What have you asked these contacts, i want to help but have never had to jump through these kind of legal hoops before. If you want my sister in law is a lawyer, i could ask her for some contacts and input.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-05-2004, 04:42 PM,
I think we now have this resolved, As far as the tickets go, and I think they are having the Park Police stop issuing tickets because users can no longer get a permit for diving, therefore making the ordinance no longer enforceable.
-Matt
05-05-2004, 07:04 PM,
DIVERS-1/ PARK BOARD-0

The tickets are gone!!! 1 1/2 weeks later, calling the park board every damn day, waiting for calls back, "we're meeting on it", Today they told me, I'd have to go to court. They said, "we'll be happy to send you a copy of the e-mail we just sent to the park police".(The very thing I asked for from day 1!) They e-mailed me a copy. I called the director of the Park Police. He said "I just got that e-mail, send your tickets to me, and I'll take care of it". The last person you try is always the first person you should haved called! His name was Brad Johnson and he was an awesome person to deal with. He said he would notify everyone to not enforce the permits requirements any longer. I will send a copy of the magic e-mail to Jason so he can post it in a downloadable/printable/names changed to protect the innocent-format for all to get a copy and dive any Minneapolis Lake they choose ;D Hopefully it will be up soon.
I also mentioned to him about pulling trash out of the lake "unlawful Salvage". He said, "technically, it is salvage, but I wish those guys would use their brains sometimes. I'll include that in my memo as well not to enforce that". The dude was awesome.
Lastly, thanks to all of you for your inputs, suggestions, pestering phone calls to the city, and support. It could of been swept under the carpet if this was only a minor issue to the city, But it didn't stay small. 505 p.o'ed divers is a force to be reconned with. Talk about a pressure group! Thanks a million, Jeff.
Also, you may want to give the memo a couple of days to circulate before diving there. I'm not supprised by anything anymore!!! ;D
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
05-05-2004, 08:47 PM,
Here is your Get Out of Jail Free email letter in PDF format! Congrats

Attached Files
.pdf   scuba_park_email.pdf (Size: 1.63 KB / Downloads: 84)
--Jason
05-05-2004, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2004, 09:03 PM by scubadog76.)
Perfect! Thanks and see ya in the Lakes. By the way, I'm laminating mine! ;D
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2004, 09:31 PM by FMT.)
Congratulations on a battle well fought.
We all appreciate your efforts. I know I would like
to get out to Calhoun this year. Now I'll take my printout with me.
Thanks
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
05-06-2004, 08:27 AM,
That's some nice work, scubadog. Thanks for doing this.
&quot;Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.&quot; - Johann W. von Goethe
05-06-2004, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2004, 09:28 AM by Al.)
Thanks for all the effort! Yahoo, now I do not have to seek down to hidden beach @ cedar lake for a quick in town dive anymore! Smile