Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIR workout group
04-27-2004, 07:16 AM,
DIR workout group
Is there a local group of divers who subscribe to DIR philosophy who workout together. Weight training, cardio training,etc.....?
???
If so i would be interested, got to keep in shape for my favorite pasttime. ;D
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-27-2004, 09:12 AM,
Re:DIR workout group

Shamre,

currently there is no such thing in place, but it is definitely one of the things I was hoping the addition of the DIR forum would accomplish. My wife and I workout together as much as our schedules allow us to, and we recently picked up on the waterpolo. If you're interested in working out in a group and you like running, the Running Room on Hennepin and 28th has bi-weekly group runs on Wednesday night and Saturday morning. Currently, my personal schedule only allows me to workout during the day, when all you 9 to 5'ers are at work, so it might be hard for me to coordinate something this very moment, but let's hear what all y'all would like to do (cardio: running, swimming,...; weightlifting) and we can set something up.

David
04-27-2004, 09:21 AM,
Not really big on full out running, but jogging around a track, weight training, cardio machines and any water activity sounds great. I played waterpolo in HS and loved it. And i would encourage others who are interested to post here.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-27-2004, 09:51 AM,
The Wisonsin dive shop, Deep Blue, does Wednesday night "tweek dives". That's where everyone whose gone thorugh the DIR-F class gets together to work on their skills from the course, and get video taped doing them. This works out quite well as far as feedback goes.

As far as workouts go, it's a little more unstructured- since everyone works different hours and belong to different gyms.

I know that I have tried to get my freediving buddy to join the local YMCA that I go to, but he and his wife belong elsewhere. That means I can't push myself as hard in my pool training as I would like to, but we have to make do with the trainin partners we can get.

On a side note, I just got back from the pool where I video taped a couple of tri-atheletes who were working on their swimming form. In turn they video taped me with my monofin so that we can do instant feed-back in the pool to work on streamlining. The same holds true for bouyancy control and streamlining while diving. Vidoe tape is a great teaching/learning tool for all sports.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin