Remember me
Lost Password Register

Island of the sharks.
04-28-2004, 05:54 AM,
Island of the sharks.
Just saw great film called "Island of the sharks."
It is about cocos island and there is some great footage in this film. Including a kind of fish tornado called a "baitball"
If you get some time you have to see it...
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-28-2004, 09:06 AM,
Re:Island of the sharks.
Seen the movie and seen the place and seen a bait ball - worth every penny for all of the above. I highly recommend it.
05-03-2004, 08:05 AM,
How many people on the board have dove cocos island? What is the best time of year to go to see the hammerheads?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-03-2004, 08:20 AM,
I was there Sept '03. All I can say is AWESOME!! You'd get done with a dive and would be dissapointed with only seeing 12 or so hammerheads. We had lots of dives where we saw hundreds. I have pictures to prove it. Mantas, dolphins, whale sharks, you name it. It rained every day for at least a little while. This was not easy diving. Very strong currents and surges. Not much for coral, it was all volcanic rock, very colorful though. I've never seen so many fish. Huge schools swarming in baitballs.
05-03-2004, 09:42 AM,
Check out this thread:

'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy