Remember me
Lost Password Register

Just wanted to let you know there are 2 new dolphin divers in this state.
04-29-2004, 08:03 AM,
Just wanted to let you know there are 2 new dolphin divers in this state.
I have sprung for a dollphin. I am going to name it Flipper. After lots of soul searching about CCR Vs. SCR I chose the SCR. Pradctically it make more sense for me. Financially it was the only choice, as some time in the future I will have to buy a second. As soon as Steph and I dive together and she has to call the dive 1st I know she will say. I Waaaaant one!!!
I will let the other new owner make his announcement. However I saw it in the store with his nake on it.
CJ
PS look at my post in the dive store forum.
04-29-2004, 08:19 AM,
Re:Just wanted to let you know there are 2 new dolphin divers in this state.
Congrats Chuck!

Look forward to seeing you out at the lakes (the pink tank is a dead give away).
04-29-2004, 08:43 AM,
Hey WTDRM, were you fondling my new toy? Tongue

IGoTooFar couldn’t resist any longer. After attending the Discover Re-breather night, I knew I would be getting one of these. So I decided, just get it done.

I couldn’t bring it home. :'( I have to wait a few more weeks until I complete my SCR training, but I was in GUDC earlier this week setting up and rigging my new dolphin for class.

I haven’t thought about naming it, maybe I could start an E-bay style auction. The winner gets to name my dolphin! :Smile

04-29-2004, 09:36 AM,

The pink tank is in Truk. maybe I'll have to paint the others pink. it'll match my drysuit
04-30-2004, 08:07 AM,
Welcome to the fun world of rebreathers! You won't regret it!

Chuck - paint the white shell pink!

Brent - I made some modifications to your Dolphin, it's now a CCR!

See you underwater!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
04-30-2004, 09:29 AM,
Mark You are the best! ;D Of course this means I will have to take the CCR training course now.

I asked if I could do the CCR modification before I started training. The response was NOOOOOOOO! :o

05-18-2004, 09:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2004, 09:43 AM by igotoofar.)
Well I completed my SCR Cert dives this weekend! Smile

1st dive was eventful in that I didn't get my left dry glove to seal properly. I didn't feel that I was getting to much water in, so I continued thinking I will just make sure it is sealed on the next dive. Well an hour later when I got up on the boat. I was amazed how much water I had taken in. Let’s just say I was beyond moist :Smile

2nd dive, Started with an overcast sky, anchored the boat in about 35', we dropped and started to look for the 50' bottom after about 20 min the boat anchor gave up and started to drag. Of course it went right over the hole and was suspended, so we drifted to the other side.... When we came up 60+ minuets later the sky had opened up with rain and everything in the boat was soaked. >Sad But on a positive note, I was still dry and warm thanks to Mark's new backup Weezel Wear Wink Thanks for the use!

It is amazing how quiet things can be underwater with no bubbles. Okay okay with very few bubbles 8)

08-26-2004, 01:19 PM,
So you guys been diving lately?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy