Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: I think rebreathers are...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
...dangerous and unreliable
5.26%
1 5.26%
...expensive and complicated
15.79%
3 15.79%
...of little "true" benefit
5.26%
1 5.26%
...my "kit" of choice
36.84%
7 36.84%
...interesting but foreign
15.79%
3 15.79%
...on "the list"
21.05%
4 21.05%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rebreather perceptions
04-30-2004, 07:29 PM,
Rebreather perceptions
It has been a little over a year now since most of the rebreather divers on this forum joined. Common opinion at that time was fairly negative towards our equipment of choice. :'( I am interested in seeing how, if at all, that perception has changed. Please answer honestly.
Don't believe the hype!
05-19-2004, 05:56 AM,
Re:Rebreather perceptions
I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Chuck and Going Under Dive center for fighting the good fight to erase or correct the stigma associated to rebreathers. I went to there discover rebreather night and it was the most informative and best experience i have had since starting scuba diving. Very cool indeed and i highly recommend it. Now the only question is: When is the next discover rebreather night?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-19-2004, 07:24 AM,
the wrong two were joind. instead of expencive and complicated, and on the list the choice should be expencive but on the list Wink. I would love to dive a rebreather but the upfromt cost is imposable to overcome at this time Sad

of corse Chuck when you get tired of all the extra UW time and lack of hevy bottles we can talk about geting you set up with OC and I'll take that inspration of your hands ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-19-2004, 10:40 AM,
My sense was that the local community was not negative towards rebreathers. Sure there were a handful of people who were really opposed to rebreathers. But most people (and I count myself in this group) were not very informed about the pros/cons.

Now I think rebreathers are an interesting and evolving technology. I don't believe they have a place in my kit yet for economic reasons. But with further evolution and mass production rebreathers may be more common.

BTW MNLakeDiver, I think little johnny hacked your account and is posting messages for you. Wink
--Jason
05-19-2004, 04:40 PM,
I'm a little lesdyxic (dyslexic) this week ???
I'm the only MIS person for the city not on vacation this week
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-20-2004, 08:19 AM,
As per Little Johnny's spelling. One thing I do is to compose the message with other software and then cut and paste it into here.
Leon