Remember me
Lost Password Register

nikon coolpix 4300 with housing
05-09-2004, 07:54 PM,
nikon coolpix 4300 with housing
finally got wet this weekend, no scuba this time, but i did get to try my new housing. It was a good way for me to practice how the camera works without having to worry about the other parts of diving. Plus, I was short a buddy. Oh well...
here is a pic i took in about 6' water, not so bad ;-). cant wait to get it to depth and try it.

Attached Files
.jpg   5609_craw.jpg (Size: 51.83 KB / Downloads: 65)
.jpg_thumb   5609_craw.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
Brian
07-27-2004, 09:06 AM,
Re:nikon coolpix 4300 with housing
Hi Brian - I am the proud owner of a Coolpix 9500... Could you describe the housing and that particular model of coolpix? I am interested in looking into purchasing something for under the water and digital is my passion. If you could forward a website that shows the model that would be great... Thanks! Lisa (aka scubakitty8)
07-27-2004, 09:40 AM,
Lisa, check out this website: You can find good information about housings that are available for your camera.
--Jason
07-27-2004, 04:05 PM,
Lisa,

I went with the fantasea CP-4 pro model for the housing. It is very well made for the price i paid for it. Under $200 for sure, cannot remember exactly. I looked it up on digideep.com and Richard orderd if for me from scuba dive and travel. I have access to all features of camera except for the on off button, which seems to be standard.
The camera is the 4300 model, if that helps. 8x zoom, more megapixel than I know what to do with, just a great camera.

I still need to work on using it underwater, usually I am in charge of dive flag, navigation, and computer, which leaves my various dive buddies free hands for bouyancy, and me not many free hands. Have had great luck with it though :-)
Brian
07-29-2004, 08:05 AM,
Thanks for all the info - I just love this chat board! ;D
07-29-2004, 08:15 AM,
Another question: I looked at the website you suggested and it is great... However, how do you know what housing will go with your camera? For underwater I would probably use my Olympus C-3000 digital camera. The Olympus housing section has so many options! How do I know which one is best for my camera? ???