Remember me
Lost Password Register

Green Lake
02-27-2007, 11:02 AM,
Green Lake
Art and I will be diving this tomorrow. Meet at my shop at 7:30 am. Green lake is next to spec lake, not as good vis but hoping for lots o booty! Wait! Can I say booty? BOOTY, BOOTY, BOOTY, & MORE BOOTY
02-27-2007, 02:39 PM,
Re: Green Lake
We have a plow, so you won't be asked to shovel! ;D Skip work and dive! Beat the pending snowstorm!
03-01-2007, 09:12 AM,
Had two excellent dives on Greenlake.  Fairly good visibility with up to 10 feet in spots.  Found three anchors, a chopping bar, couple other miscellaneous items.  No grilled grouper on the ice, however.  It was either that or have a second dive, and I chose to get a second dive in.  It's all about priorities 8).  My camera is in the repair shop, so hopefully Art will post some pictures later today!
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM,
Shooter,  Thanks for the call Tues.  I wish I could have made the dives with you and Art.  Art and I talked for 20 minutes yesterday.  SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DIVES WERE EXCELLENT  ...I'M JEALOUS.

MAXFACTOR
03-02-2007, 05:48 PM,
Well...Nate's second dive resulted in Aly and I having to FORCE ourselves to eat grouper that night...OHHH THE agony Tongue Tongue.

Operator error on the photo end of the dive :'( :'(.  I ended up in some kind of limbo movie mode for the photos of our booty.  Nate found a great leatherman tool that appeared brand new.  I on the other hand came up with a cam shaft from some vehicle ( not exactly real useful).  Nate found a nice ice chipper that can easily be sharpened up and used as well as a fluke style anchor.  I managed to come up wtih a couple of mushroom achors.  Here are a couple of photos that i did manage to get downloaded...

Attached Files
.jpg   Nate coming up.jpg (Size: 41.27 KB / Downloads: 161)
.jpg   Nate's truck by the hole.jpg (Size: 42.85 KB / Downloads: 153)
.jpg_thumb   Nate coming up.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.82 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Nate's truck by the hole.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.64 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-02-2007, 05:50 PM,
And as to Minnesota dive flag laws....

Attached Files
.jpg   Art's van -- note dive flag....jpg (Size: 35.14 KB / Downloads: 163)
.jpg_thumb   Art's van -- note dive flag....jpg_thumb (Size: 22.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM,
My folks have had a cabin on that lake since I was a little kid.  Looks like somebody may have located the sunken island  Wink  That lake is known to eat baseball caps.  We went through dozens.  Another good spot is in the south east bay out from the boat launch.  It's a very recreational lake in the summer and lots of stuff goes in over there when boaters first throttle up after launching.  Save some for me!
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
03-02-2007, 06:51 PM,
It's a good thing you had the dive flag out there.  You wouldn't want some bozo on a speedboat running around overhead and chopping you up with his propeller.  You also wouldn't want some fisherman dropping the anchor out of his boat and right on your head.  Safety first!

(By the way, where is Green Lake?  I'm sure there's more than one.)
03-02-2007, 07:38 PM,
Hey dont laugh about the flag. I know an instructor that got a ticket on Green lake for not having a flag during an Ice Diving class. No kidding, I saw a picture of it. and a copy of the check. I don"t remember the amount but it waqs substantial.

03-03-2007, 10:49 AM,
Thanks for postin the pics! Did you eat the hogfish that night too? Given the choice over again I would still make the dive! :o

Green lake is by spectacle lake west of cambridge area.

A Big Thanks to Smith Diving for letting us use their chainsaw. The 30"+ bar made set-up with only 2 people alot more manageable.