Remember me
Lost Password Register

Erika Dalquist Found.
05-16-2004, 10:35 PM,
Erika Dalquist Found.
She wasn't in the Crosby Mines!!!

Link =>

The body of Erika Dalquist has been found, ending the search for the Brainerd woman who disappeared in October of 2002.

Police confirmed Sunday that skeletal remains found during a search Saturday had been positively identified as belonging to Dahlquist.

Dalquist's parents, Colleen and Duane Dalquist, of Pillager, Minnesota thanked everyone involved in the search for not giving up.

Colleen says Erika is coming home now. She calls it a bittersweet day.

Crow Wing County Sheriff Eric Klang says the remains were found near the home of the grandparents of William Gene Myears, a man long suspected in the case. The property lies about eight miles east of Brainerd.

Bob Heales, a private investigator involved in the search, says the clothing on the body was the same as Dalquist was wearing when she was last seen leaving a bar in downtown Brainerd.

Myears is not in custody. Early in the case, Myears was arrested and charged with Dalquist's disappearance and had led police to a lake in a water-filled mine pit where he said he dumped the body.

After police efforts to search the lake came up empty, prosecutors dropped the second-degree manslaughter charges against Myears and released him.

Heales, a private investigator who searching for Dalquist with the father of Dru Sjodin.

Heales says a neighbor found the remains off a trail while looking for a bloodhound that had caught a scent and bolted away during the search.

Allan Sjodin calls the discovery of Erika's body a "double-edged sword." He says he's glad her family doesn't have to wake up every morning wondering what happened to her, but he's sad the Dalquists won't have their daughter in their lives.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
05-17-2004, 06:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2004, 07:00 AM by LKunze.)
Re:Erika Dalquist Found.
Pretty sad. Following the past news articles on this case it makes me wonder if the suspect made up the story of placing the body in the mine pit to throw off the search?
05-17-2004, 11:58 PM,
Re:Erika Dalquist Found.

I think you are right!!! I agree , how sad... At least there is closure for the family , however little comfort that is...

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH