Remember me
Lost Password Register

Air Down There Scuba Annual Clean-Up Dive
02-21-2006, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2006, 06:28 PM by LKunze.)
Air Down There Scuba Annual Clean-Up Dive
Air Down There Scuba is sponsoring a clean-up dive for mnscuba.com members at Lake Phalen on Saturday May 13th at noon.  Sign up fee will be $5.00.  The proceeds will be donated to GLSPS.  Food and beverage will be provided by Air Down There Scuba.  To sign up for the event call Air Down There Scuba at 651-482-0977.
02-23-2006, 07:57 AM,
Re: Air Down There Scuba Annual Clean-Up Dive
i am new to mnscuba and was wondering where exactly the lake phalen is cause i would be coming from buffalo and also were exactly is your dive shop and also what time the clean up starts thanks 
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2006, 03:48 PM by LKunze.)
Wade, I would recommend that you call Air Down There Scuba for more details on the event.  The contact information for them is listed under the Dive Shops tab at the top of this page.  I've also listed the contact info below. The clean up dive is a fun event. It's a great place to meet new divers and the event is for a good cause.  Air Down There Scuba has sponsored this event for the past four years for all mnscuba.com members and it has been a success each year in removing lots of trash from our local lakes. 

Air Down There SCUBA Inc.
9 Little Canada Road
Little Canada, MN 55117
651-482-0977 (Main)
651-482-0970 (Fax)

Monday - Friday 11am - 7:30pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
04-11-2006, 09:28 PM,
Hi Everybody!
When Jeff Leech and I were at Lake Phalen on Sunday we noticed just how bad the shoreline trash is!  Broken hockey sticks, pop bottles and cans, plastic bags, plastic tubs from fishing worms....Tons of trash!  If you have friends and family who don't dive, have them come along and bring fishing nets and gloves to get some of that "stuff."  Watch out for the fishing line too, they use heavy duty line!  What I saw at the fishing pier looked like 20lb or heavier (bring your dive shears!)  This stuff tangles up our wildlife and makes walking along the shore hazardous especially when there are hooks attached!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-08-2006, 05:22 PM,
There has been a change in location of the Clean-Up Dive.  It will still be at Lake Phalen, instead of the Boat Launch it will be at the Beach Access, same as last year. 

Directions to the Beach Access:
From 61/Arcade St., take Wheelock Pkwy E to Phalen Dr E.

Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM,
I hope to see many of our mnscuba members at the clean up dive at Lake Phalen tomorrow.  Lonnie and I will both be at the event.  Come out and help us clean up the lake and donate to a worthy organization! 
--Jason
05-20-2006, 05:42 AM,
Thank you to all who participated in our Clean-up Dive last Sat.  Even though the weather did not cooperate, we still managed to pick up a dumpsters worth of trash.  Congratulations to all of the winners!

We are donating a check for $125 to GLSPS Sink a Ship Committee.  Thanks to everyone for their donation!
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com