Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: What is your favorite local dive spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Crosby
33.33%
3 33.33%
Perch
0%
0 0%
Square
11.11%
1 11.11%
Superior
11.11%
1 11.11%
Wazee
22.22%
2 22.22%
Okoboji
11.11%
1 11.11%
Christmas Lake
0%
0 0%
Other (Please list)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite Local Dive Spot
08-07-2002, 09:32 AM,
Favorite Local Dive Spot
I'd just like to get an idea of where most of you like/prefer to dive. Maybe we could set up an 'end of season' dive trip there in September if enough people are interested.
08-07-2002, 09:36 AM,
Wazee
Well, my vote is based only on places I have actually dove... go figure!
08-07-2002, 03:38 PM,
Re:Favorite Local Dive Spot
We are fortunate enough to have a "in the family" (I'm 1/7th) cabin near Dent, Minnesota and there are many high vis (generally 20') lakes within 15 miles. I happen to be between two of them. West McDonald and Big McDonald. If you do a DNR search you'll see that Big mac is rated very clear and w. mac is usually as clear. Lot's of fish to see. Also Paul Lake, Lake Six, Lake Seven (Scalp), Little McDonald are some of the more popular lakes (check out Little Mac on the DNR site), a little further away is Big Cormorant, and lately there has been talk of rivers... the Ottertail river is excellent. Not all the lakes in the area are great, but those listed above rank right up there. Lots and lots of fish, some sunken boats or pontoons on some of the lakes, good vis. Anyway, two good lakes right at the cabin.<br><br>I've been thinking about planning a invite to the board there sometime but it may have to wait until next year. Otherwise... maybe september I can find out from the other 6 when there is going to be the fewest of them down there and put out the invite. Everyone's there is easy to get along with. ..oh, and did I mention taking the dock and boat lifts out???<br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?