Remember me
Lost Password Register

Public Safety Diving
05-24-2004, 09:07 AM,
Public Safety Diving
This is going to be two questions. 1) How many of you out there are public safety divers? 2) How many are intrested in attending a public safety diver class?
05-24-2004, 09:48 AM,
Re:Public Safety Diving
O.K. I fess up - what is a "public safety diver class"? Is it after the rescue course?
05-24-2004, 09:48 AM,
1. What is public safety diving? Wink
2. I am interested...
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
05-24-2004, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2004, 04:34 PM by Mark Y.)
Ditto - I'm interested. Any additional information?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM,
I should find out June 2nd if I'm a public safety diver.
and I would be intrested in the class If I can fit it in. Do you have details on how many sesions/ hours/ start date/ $

can you imanage the call
"Hi Jim your on the team"
"great here's the invoice for my first PSD class" ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-27-2004, 01:58 PM,
Public Safety diving is the search and rescue/ police/ Fire department divers. The class is a three day 8 hours a day class. The cost is somewhere $350, and some require that you be part of a Public Safety department. I am sure if we want to do a class, and you are intrested we could find a department to sponser those who are not currently on one.
12-17-2004, 09:31 AM,
Did anything ever happen with this? I'm still interested in the training.
-Dave
12-23-2004, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2004, 05:29 PM by rudolph_medic.)

If we can find about 20 people who are connected with a public safety agency (Police, Fire, search and rescue) we can get the class going. If we can get enough people to commit, I will do the leg work and make it happen. Big Grin Please e-mail me at rudolph_rn@hotmail.com if you are intrested. Let me know if you are currently a member of a Public Safety or not.
01-02-2005, 09:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2005, 09:51 PM by rudolph_medic.)
I did some checking and I need to get about 10 people from outside my department and I can make it a go!! PLEASE e-mail or let me know if are interested. I want to have a group of people who would attend before I get too far into this. If you have any friends who might be intrested let them know, and get them in touch with me. I really want to get this going. It would happen spring/ early summer.
01-03-2005, 11:25 PM,
I am trying to understand where this class is beneficial to a diver not already associated with a department that supports PS divers. Don't most PS dive teams train or provide training for there divers? And/or are you to be a trained PS diver before applying to a department? Or is this useful even if your not associated with a PS dept? Does this class include certification? What level of dive training would you need as a prerequisit(?)?
Inquiring minds want to know.