Remember me
Lost Password Register

L-19 in Green Lake
08-18-2005, 08:30 PM,
Re: L-19 in Green Lake
As sad as I was to lose this awsome dive site, the removal of the plane itself was quite an experience.

There where a lot of people there that made it happen, I was just one of the grunt divers, all be it the best job! ;^)  The people in charge of the logistics, cordination, command and control are the ones that made it all possible.

Jim
08-19-2005, 09:21 AM,
The fact that the pilot was able to land the plane, intact on the water, in the dark, with engine problems, is a testament to the great skill ofthe pilot.Although as divers we tend to prefer to see things under the water the people who don't dive also deserve to share in the history.
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
02-01-2006, 02:46 PM,
Hey Jim,

What do you think of dumping my truck into "the hole"? Then again, I do have a new engine in it, how about my little red car? It would be our little secret, I surely doubt if anyone would be as crazy as us to dive it.

This spring, we have to search for the train engine in "the trench".

Dave
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
02-08-2006, 09:28 AM,
I know this is an old post. Regardless of whether the plane should've stayed in or out of the water, it must've been an incredible experience to have been a part of.  Smile